No announcement yet.

Wireless internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See if Nextlink is operating in your county. We are four miles away from a tower and it has been like night and day compared to Hughesnet. Soon to get better as we hosted a tower on our property that is about a half mile from the house. Our speed will be increased from 25 Mbs to 100 Mbs at no cost to us.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
      See if Nextlink is operating in your county. We are four miles away from a tower and it has been like night and day compared to Hughesnet. Soon to get better as we hosted a tower on our property that is about a half mile from the house. Our speed will be increased from 25 Mbs to 100 Mbs at no cost to us.
      I have one complaint so far with Nextlink. I had a tower built in my property in March. Still no internet yet. Don’t even have power to the tower yet. But it was my only option to get internet and really am impatient waiting on it.

Comment

Just recently switched from OTR to ANTs Technology in the new house. Only get around 30 Mbps but it’s constant and zero interruptions. So far so good. OTR, like AT&T, can KMA!

Comment

Nextlink tower was to far from me when we built 4 years ago. Their install person was honest and said I would not be happy with the service. Ended up using Totelcom and the service has been great. I can actually see the tower that is 2 miles from our house.
          My son uses Nextlink and they have no problems at all. He`s about 3 miles from the tower.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            I have one complaint so far with Nextlink. I had a tower built in my property in March. Still no internet yet. Don’t even have power to the tower yet. But it was my only option to get internet and really am impatient waiting on it.
            Their tower building crews are way ahead of the power companies getting transformers and meters set. We now have power to this one. The electricians were here a few weeks ago and said that this one is a priority. The problem is, there are three towers that this one will feed that have yet to get electricity. I'm impatient too. I want that free internet and phone.

Comment

I can send email over radio frequency…does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by SNKETR View Post
                I'm finishing a build and running problems getting internet as well in Liberty Hill. My wife's Verizon phone gets zero service. I get two bars on my phone. Right now im thinking about running an AT&T sim for work/adults and sattelie (Viasat/HugheNet) for kids/media.

MadHatter, do you have an recommendations for the Liberty Hill Area?

BTLowry, any pictures of your tower? Western Broadband said they wouldn't install on a 50' pole at my place. Said it would have to be a tower.
                Western broadband would be your best bet. We had their service in Florence and it was great. We are now outside of Paige and can not get anything worth using.

Comment

Wireless internet

I used quite a few cellular data plans for my cabin. They ran about $100 a month and every few months would get turned off. I stream tv up here and everything.

So I found a better way.

Att has mostly unadvertised $20 unlimited data tablet plan. I use a mofi 4500 Lte router that is open wrt and allows you to hide the source of that data so they don’t know if it’s being used in a hotspot or tablet.

You can use an imei generator to generate an imei for a tablet and check it on att site.

To get the plan- follow the instructions below. I’m here every weekend and stream a ton of tv , run a security cam on it constantly as well as use the WiFi on all my devices. Well over 600gb a month and had this about 6 months or so without issue.

Things to know:
                  1) You are activating a ZTE ZPad 8 K813 ( whichever tablet your imei is for)
                  2) Don’t activate the same sim more than once.
                  3) When ask about AT&T selling other products to you, decline and just say I just want to activate my tablet. If you say YES, they will try to sell you a phone.

How to Activate:
                  1) Call AT&T on the unadvertised line (855) 593-1430
                  2) Advise the rep you are looking to activate the "$20 Unlimited Tablet Plan" for our ZTE ZPad 8 K813 which you already own. (IF THE REP IS NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE $20 TABLET PLAN SIMPLY HANGUP AND SPEAK TO SOMEONE ELSE) some of the newer reps are not familiar with this hidden plan. They will run a soft credit check to make sure you don’t owe AT&T any money.
                  3) Once the account is created, they will ship a sim card to your home address. Make sure you request a triple cut sim card.
                  4) Make a note of the phone-like number being assigned to you, make a note of the order number just in case. They will also send you email instructions.
                  5) Once the sim card arrives activate the account by going to www.att.com (check your email for the telephone number that was assigned to you and activation instructions)
                  6) Set your APN settings to broadband

Insert sim into your mofi lte router and find a YouTube video for set up as I don’t feel like typing it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                    Western broadband would be your best bet. We had their service in Florence and it was great. We are now outside of Paige and can not get anything worth using.
                    I tried but we're in a depression. Enough so that even though all the neighbors within one mile of me use western broadband, but we can't. Put up a 50' pole and still couldn't get anything. I really don't want to go with a taller tower and have cables all over my property.

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                    I used quite a few cellular data plans for my cabin. They ran about $100 a month and every few months would get turned off. I stream tv up here and everything.

So I found a better way.

Att has mostly unadvertised $20 unlimited data tablet plan. I use a mofi 4500 Lte router that is open wrt and allows you to hide the source of that data so they don’t know if it’s being used in a hotspot or tablet.

You can use an imei generator to generate an imei for a tablet and check it on att site.

To get the plan- follow the instructions below. I’m here every weekend and stream a ton of tv , run a security cam on it constantly as well as use the WiFi on all my devices. Well over 600gb a month and had this about 6 months or so without issue.

Things to know:
                    3) When ask about AT&T selling other products to you, decline and just say I just want to activate my tablet. If you say YES, they will try to sell you a phone.

How to Activate:
                    2) Advise the rep you are looking to activate the "$20 Unlimited Tablet Plan" for our ZTE ZPad 8 K813 which you already own. (IF THE REP IS NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE $20 TABLET PLAN SIMPLY HANGUP AND SPEAK TO SOMEONE ELSE) some of the newer reps are not familiar with this hidden plan. They will run a soft credit check to make sure you don’t owe AT&T any money.
                    3) Once the account is created, they will ship a sim card to your home address. Make sure you request a triple cut sim card.
                    4) Make a note of the phone-like number being assigned to you, make a note of the order number just in case. They will also send you email instructions.
                    5) Once the sim card arrives activate the account by going to www.att.com (check your email for the telephone number that was assigned to you and activation instructions)

Insert sim into your mofi lte router and find a YouTube video for set up as I don’t feel like typing it out.

I've been holding off on doing this, but have the parts all spec'd out with the best of the best. AT&T is the only thing that works at my place. I've just been hoping for Starlink to email me because they said mid to late 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post

So I found a better way.

Things to know:

How to Activate:

You need the tablet, right? Or are you just saying you have it?

Comment

So, Wes, the videos I watched recommended a Vision sim card for service. They use Verizon network. Is that what you are doing? Is AT&T still letting you use their card for internet?

Comment

Got an email saying starlink delayed till mid next year so I got viasat coming out Sat

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                            Got an email saying starlink delayed till mid next year so I got viasat coming out Sat

We have a commercial account for our house. It was them or zochnet in our area. We are not happy with the speeds at all but it’s the only thing we can get at our house.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                              We have a commercial account for our house. It was them or zochnet in our area. We are not happy with the speeds at all but it’s the only thing we can get at our house.
                              My options were viasat or Hughes net...

Comment

Same here. I forgot
                                About them. Where do you live ?

Comment

Working...
                                X