Extreme huntress charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme huntress charged

Just a note, if you book a hunt in Wyoming and the guide or outfitter tells you to shoot something on their tag, just don't. Not on a landowner tag either.

WOW just wow...... I bet that Moose without a license is going to cost her

Comment

Playing devils advocate, (failed to report it as required and did not have her professional license to guide him)

If she didn’t have her license to guide during one particular hunt then they can’t charge her as a guide for failing to report it.

That being said, all those tickets are gonna add up. Hopefully this will make others think twice.

Comment

The old dreaded “failure to wear fluorescent orange clothing” charge.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
          The old dreaded “failure to wear fluorescent orange clothing” charge.
          That is very common on private land.

She will get her day in court, and deserves to have it.

Some of the guide charges probably result from them being on land they own, you do not have to be licensed to guide on land you own, but she had a responsibility to report the illegal take as a guide on her property.
          She then must have guided on land other than her and her husband's, say NF, without the said guide's license.

Anyway it was a multiyear investigation , be interesting to see how it plays out. If convicted of some it is 5 years loss of hunting privileges.

Comment

The not being a licensed guide seems like a money grab. A person shouldn't need a license to guide, just like they shouldn't need a license to cut hair, or any number of other occupations that don't impact the welfare of the general public.

As others have said, that moose is going to be a real big issue if it was truly poached. Look forward to all the facts coming out.

Comment

Many years ago, I was pronghorn hunting New Mexico and the land I had permitted for had zero bucks due to a drought and water shortage, we got stopped by the game warden 3-4 times , last day guide drives me in the dark to a different ranch to kill my pronghorn, only problem is he wants me to use a permit from a guy who last minute cancel, my mind screamed Lacey act “” The Lacey Act makes it illegal to import, export, transport, sell, receive, acquire, or purchase in interstate or foreign commerce wildlife that was taken, possessed, transported, or sold in violation of any law or regulation of any State or in violation of any foreign law.”” a automatic loss of all hunting privileges! And some steep fines
              Needles to say I return to Texas empty handed

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                The not being a licensed guide seems like a money grab. A person shouldn't need a license to guide, just like they shouldn't need a license to cut hair, or any number of other occupations that don't impact the welfare of the general public.

As others have said, that moose is going to be a real big issue if it was truly poached. Look forward to all the facts coming out.

The addition charges for failure to tell on yourself because you’re a guide sounds like a money grab too.

Comment

Money grab or not, she knew what she was doing was illegal, period. If she had followed the law and various hunting regulations for her state, there wouldn't be any charges in the first place. As a "licensed guide" or at one time being one, she should be held to a higher standard.

Comment

Wow, not good! A lot of violations here and I can tell you that the WyG&F does very thorough investigations.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

In Wyoming you must be licensed to guide or outfit unless it is your own land or leased land for ag purposes. Wyoming outfitters ***. is responsible for that law.

Comment

I’ll wait to hear the rest of the story. It wouldn’t be the first time a DA went nuts because he wanted to make a name for himself with a high profile hunter.

Comment

Money says she prevails at trial...
                          Last edited by SwampRanger; 08-11-2021, 02:48 PM.

Comment

That outdoor skill competition she won, should have had a game laws category in it.

Comment

Sounds like she could really put you on the game...
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X