No announcement yet.

Weed ID...How to kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre emergent early an often. Never found anything that would kill goose grass or khaki weed without killing grass.

Comment

Originally posted by ElPescador24 View Post
      That's goosegrass. MSMA or Roundup. Obviously Roundup will kill whatever Bermuda grass it hits as well. You can also cut it out just under the crown and it won't come back.

Goosegrass loves highly compacted soils, so aerating more often will help in the future. It is also a prolific seed producer, so pre-emergents would be wise next spring to keep it from coming back. Ronstar or Spectacle would be the best pre-emergents for it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      ^^ This. Try spot spraying it with 5-8oz / gallon of roundup. I know you said you used round up, but I'll bet it was either the ready to use or it was a 2 oz/ gallon mix.

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
        Pre emergent early an often. Never found anything that would kill goose grass or khaki weed without killing grass.
        You can only put out so much pre emergent per 1000 sq ft per year without harming your Bermuda.

Comment

Monument will kill it but it's gonna cost you. I think trimec has a formula for crabgrass and goosegrass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            ^^ This. Try spot spraying it with 5-8oz / gallon of roundup. I know you said you used round up, but I'll bet it was either the ready to use or it was a 2 oz/ gallon mix.
            yeah, as label directed. same for msma. last go round with msma I used a tincy bit more. seems it might have done the trick. we'll see.
            I've got some adjuvant/surfactant ordered, maybe that will help.
            Last edited by hpdrifter; 08-10-2021, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
              yeah, as label directed. same for msma. last go round with msma I used a tincy bit more. seems it might have done the trick. we'll see.
              I've got some adjuvant/surfactant ordered, maybe that will help.
              Use dawn soap as your surfactant.

Comment

Working...
              X