Abilene windmills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
    you should see the blade landfill in sweetwater , it's breathtaking!

and not in a good way.....

Comment

The blinking red lights on the horizon at night is what gets me. Takes away from the night sky.

Comment

Like I said " Not a Fan " view killers.

Comment

New farm going up off of 603

Comment

we had bird nesting nests on the site by my fence , the state echologist had to approve the site by doing a survey ... they dozed the site a week before she came, much easier to just pay the fine ... she was livid ...

same people pushing these to"save the planet" are silent on the birds, bats they kill every year. but since they pay restitution to the state in form of $ bills so it's all good!

Comment

there is a lot of infrastructure that goes into a wind farm. they are also having supply issues on parts as well.

Comment

I hate them. I can see more than 50 from my house. What an eyesore.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                  They have destroyed the views, going up to Lubbock.
                  They have destroyed the views wherever they put them up.

Comment

We have a ton down here...they are always pitching them out & will see some whirling away & others idle.

Comment

Biggest waste of money to produce electricity that I know of

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        We have a ton down here...they are always pitching them out & will see some whirling away & others idle.
                        Same in San perlita , Raymondville to San perlita boring fields and windmills, then brush to port Mansfield

Comment

If there's a crane they are just being put up, they are popping up around us everywhere, meanwhile the coal plants continue to get bulldozed, thank you Obama

Comment

Green dont work

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Biggest waste of money to produce electricity that I know of
                              Exactly
                              Tax abatements, no local permanent jobs, and real estate values dove
                              Contracts are ridiculous.

Brown county said no to the abatements. No windmills here
                              But I can see them from here in Comanche county.

BP

Comment

They forking suck. We have been on the same place for 17 years. Our west fence line is shared with the Waggoneer Ranch. You could see about 20 miles and there was 1 guard light at the pasture cowboys house. I hadn't been out there since January youth season. They have put up 120 of those things about 1/2 mile from our fence. Totally ruined the wildness and free range fill we have enjoyed out there for years.
                                Again IT SUCKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X