Cremation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
    The Catholic church is ok with it. I'm not sure about the spreading of the remains though.

Think about this. Your best friend died...would you rather kneel next to him or an urn? You will be the friend one day. Some family and friends may want to see you for the last time.
    I believe remains must be kept at cemetary

Comment

I told my wife not to even claim me!! Let them do what they want. As far as I’m concerned throw me in a bar ditch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ashes to Ashes. Dust to Dust.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          Should have come to see me when I was alive

I would rather remember folks the way I saw them alive than laying in a coffin anyway
          +1

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Should have come to see me when I was alive

I would rather remember folks the way I saw them alive than laying in a coffin anyway
            ^^^ Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
              The Catholic church is ok with it. I'm not sure about the spreading of the remains though.

Think about this. Your best friend died...would you rather kneel next to him or an urn? You will be the friend one day. Some family and friends may want to see you for the last time.
              That will not be him you are kneeling next to. He is gone.

I will be creamated. I have been to alot of funerals of family recently. I hate watching people stare at, cry over, touch and kiss a funny looking wax doll that barely even looks like the person.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-08-2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Cremation

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                I want my family to do whatever is cheapest.

Currently that is cremation.

Cheapest is donating body to science. My stepdad passed away a couple years ago after a long decline. He had decided long ago to donate his body, as his first wife had. I had never really talked to him about it until his last couple days in the hospital. I remember him laughing and saying something to the effect of, “Not even going to have to pay for a funeral.”

He spent his last 2 nights on hospice in an assisted living center. The night he passed we called UT in Dallas, faxed some paperwork and about 2 hours later they arrived in Waco to pickup the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  That will not be him you are kneeling next to. He is gone.

I will be creamated. I have been to alot of funerals of family recently. I hate watching people stare at, cry over, touch and kiss a funny looking wax doll that barely even looks like the person.

I've recently decided to be cremated, but long before I decided on that I had told my wife and girls I wanted a closed casket. Ain't no way I wanted to be laid out, looking like a pasty shell of myself while a bunch of people paraded by crying and slobbering all over everything.

Comment

It's funny how some people think that GOD, who created everything on earth out of nothing, is limited by the condition of your physical body.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      I've recently decided to be cremated, but long before I decided on that I had told my wife and girls I wanted a closed casket. Ain't no way I wanted to be laid out, looking like a pasty shell of myself while a bunch of people paraded by crying and slobbering all over everything.
                      Bingo.

Have a cookout. Drink beer. Watch college football. Tell stories. Have fun.

Comment

Bold of you to think we would cry and slobber over you. Jenny and the girls maybe.

We are throwing a party in the red barn when you out this world. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          Nice.
                          My wife isn’t comfortable talking about it, but I told her not to waste the money burying my ***.
                          My Dad was cremated. There is not a doubt in my mind he is with our Lord.
                          Same with my dad. He was cremated and I'm certain he was Saved. He was also a donor and over 100 people received some part of him. He died like he lived: always looking to help someone.

Agreed. Some people are so heavenly-minded that they're no earthly good.

I intend to be cremated, loaded into various shotshells and passed out to my friends and family. Every time somebody I love cuts a dove or duck, I'll be there too.
                          This is brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            When my time comes, my husband told me he’s going to take the tractor and dig a 6’ hole out in one of the pastures, put me in the hole, cover me up with empty feed sacks (so the coyotes don’t scavenge my carcass), then cover me back up.

Oh, and he says he will do all this in the pasture of my choosing. God, I love that man!
                            If you ever get into an argument with him and the next day that tractor is in the pasture you may want to go shopping for a day or so. Call periodically to see if he's getting any work done.

He may say to hell with it I ain't asking her where she wants to be. This looks like a good spot.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 08-08-2021, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Ætheling; 08-08-2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I want a good taxidermist to stuff me in a sitting position with one hand in a grasping position. When the work is done set me in an lazy boy recliner and put the tv remote in my hand, that’ll be the only way the dang thing isn’t lost by my wife & kids after I’m gone!

Comment

Working...
                                X