No announcement yet.

Annuities ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me personally, I will not invest in something that I do not understand. I also have a hard time fully trusting anyone with my retirement savings when I know they will profit by selling me something even if I lose money. I have thought about investing a small % into an annuity for a safe income stream, but I don`t understand them enough.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
      My Fidelity advisor recommended one as part of my retirement plan. I am extremely happy with it
      So is your Fidelity advisor. :-)

Comment

My parents set up an annuity for me when I was born. Told me all my life that when I turn 59 it will be worth 1 million. Here I am at 35 and its at $5500 lol. It better get to making money quick. They too must have not fully understood what they were setting up, of the agent is still laughing at that one.

Comment

An annuity provides benefits that other investments simply do not. A blank statement about any financial instrument, or any topic at all for that matter should be ignored. Really need to do a holistic plan to see what she needs - life expectancy, risk tolerance, income needs etc. Separate topic but It is my prediction annuities will become more and more popular (again) over the years as more private companies do away with pensions. I can give you some examples and ideas if you want to get more detailed PM me.

Comment

Working...
          X