Best hiking boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best hiking boot

I plan on doing a lot of rattling this weekend and next week when I'm at the lease and was curious what the best hiking boot would be?

I currently have hunted in work boots and there is no way they will be comfortable or last in the terrain I'll be hiking up and down as I'm going from spot to spot as its the most aggressive terrain in the Boerne area.

Looking to stay under 125$ and was curious if that is reasonable or if I'm being unrealistic with that price range?

I'll be starting research after this thread and looking into what you guys recommend.

Also the shoes will more and likely be purchased at Bass Pro or Academy as that is what is close to me.

Thanks guys

Danner is probably the best boot for you buck.

Cabela's makes a good boot too. They've got a big sale going on right now so they may have some good deals on hikers.

Soloman, Menddle, Asolo and a few others make good boots too, but they're a little pricey.

But the Danner Pronghorn is tough to beat.

Comment

IMO, spend that money now and be done with it. Its no different than any other purchase like optics, buy the very best you can afford now and be done with it.

Go with somebody like Lowa, Kenetrek, etc. Can't say it will be a lifetime purchase but it will be close to it.

The very best hiking boot will run you $400+.

Comment

I'd recommend Keen's, great boots and they stand behind their product.

Comment

I'll throw my vote in for Vasque boots. They are owned by Redwing and I took a pair to Philmont on a 70 mile backpack trip about 15 years ago. Those boots finally gave up the ghost a few years ago. My father'father's pair that were bought that year are still going strong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I like Hi-Tec and Vasque. Two Philmont trecks and both pairs held up great.

Comment

meindel

Comment

Lowa

Comment

The one that fits your foot the best.
                  Try as many different pairs on as you can in different sizes for each brand and style. I mean put your wife to shame with the numbers you try on. When you have it narrowed down walk around the store in them. Get a good feel of movement inside the boot and potential rub spots.

Comment

I got a pair of Salomon Quest 4D GTX. Used them this season and we do a lot of walking. Light and comfortable for me. Best to try them on and kick the toes on something. REI has a big rock to simulate standing downhill. That will diffidently tell if the boots are too short.

Comment

Timberland Men's Euro Hiker Boot. Had the same pair for 26 years.

Comment

I walked from Georgia to Maine wearing Vasque Breeze hiking boots. They are light and comfy. When I wore out my first pair the replace them with a new pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                          I walked from Georgia to Maine wearing Vasque Breeze hiking boots. They are light and comfy. When I wore out my first pair the replace them with a new pair.
                          What does this guy know about hiking?

Comment

Working...
                          X