6mm Remington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6mm Remington

Is it the most underrated caliber of all time?

My uncle has a Remington Mowhawk in 6mm Rem and asked me to look for ammo while I was out and about. I found some on here and bought him two boxes. After seeing the rounds and the rifle I went to look at the ballistics of it, and was very surprised when I did. To me why in the heck do you need the 6MM Creedmore or the new 6MM ARC when this round never made the big scene? Hornady should have just promoted it!

When I got my 6.5 MB my dad said the same and reference 264 weatherby and 6.5x284

All I got is sometimes they re-invent the wheel for $$$

I bought my son a remington 722 in 6mm off here several years ago. Its been death on all kinds of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post

My uncle has a Remington Mowhawk in 6mm Rem and asked me to look for ammo while I was out and about. I found some on here and bought him two boxes. After seeing the rounds and the rifle I went to look at the ballistics of it, and was very surprised when I did. To me why in the heck do you need the 6MM Creedmore or the new 6MM ARC when this round never made the big scene? Hornady should have just promoted it!
      Had that exact gun when I was younger, it was a killer.

Comment

Great caliber!

Comment

I have the same mowhawk 6mm
          it's killed many axis and WT...I love that gun.
          I haven't tried to get ammo for it in a year or so.
          I like the Federal Fusion for it.

Comment

I shot my first deer with a Rem 6mm Mohawk. I probably shot a dozen or more with it. Great gun and great caliber.

Comment

My Mohawk is a 308 Win. I load it way down to 243 win power levels to keep it from brusing my shoulder!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                You can thank Remington’s wonderful marketing department for schiting in the bed and ruining the reputation of the .244 Remington, 7mm-06, and 5mm Remington. All are amazing cartridges yet people’s first impression was turned off by Big Green.

As far as underrated Rem cartridges, I’d call the 257 Roberts 1A, the 280 Remington 1B, and the 6mm Remington 1C.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  You can thank Remington’s wonderful marketing department for schiting in the bed and ruining the reputation of the .244 Remington, 7mm-06, and 5mm Remington. All are amazing cartridges yet people’s first impression was turned off by Big Green.

As far as underrated Rem cartridges, I’d call the 257 Roberts 1A, the 280 Remington 1B, and the 6mm Remington 1C.
                  Remington really fouled up the 280 by starting it as a 7mm express, great round, I killed a big ol bear with one in Idaho

Comment

I grew up shooting a 6mm in a small Remington 600 BDL, not a Mohawk. Little short rifle my Dad bought for my mom in the 60's. Hundreds, I mean hundreds, of deer have fallen to the gun/round and still fall each year. Amazing little round.

Comment

As for the Mowhawk Rifle, I love it. I have one in .222 and it is the best truck gun I’ve ever had. Plan to start my boys with it after they are done with 22’s. I hope that My uncle will leave his rifle to my boys.

Comment

6mm rem is great round! People have had issues with them on deer in the past mostly due to shooting deer with varmint type bullets.

Comment

Heck of a round! I too have one in a Remington 660, sweet rig.

Comment

Remington just messed up with the twist and promoting it for lighter bullets. Winchester just changed the twist for the heavies and ended up with a winner. Same thing goes with the 260. If Remington had not screwed up, the 6.5 Creedmoor would not exist.

Comment

But now the 6mm creed is popular

Comment

Working...
                              X