Bison hunt in Grand Canyon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bison hunt in Grand Canyon

Hers is y'alls chance for free range Grand Canyon bison hunt!!

The Game and Fish Department will provide the volunteer with the necessary permit to possess and transport the carcass from Grand Canyon National Park

The National Park Service is seeking volunteers to kill bison on the North Rim of Grand Canyon National Park. Arizona Game and Fish and the NPS entered an agreement on Sept. 25, 2020 to reduce the number of bison on the North Rim. Because this herd does not have any predators in the area it is...
    Last edited by denimdeerslayer; 04-30-2021, 09:02 AM.

That would be awesome...

Comment

I read that. It says they want 200 Buffalo removed but will only allow 12 hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
        I read that. It says they want 200 Buffalo removed but will only allow 12 hunters.
        I read it as 12 hunters at a time.

200 hunter total but I could be wrong about that.

Comment

I love Bison meat !

Comment

Dang, that would be awesome.

But not sure after reading requirements. They had me until "The hunter must be able to haul the carcass without motorized assistance." Hahaha

I guess there is time to get back into shape.

J

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post

And you don’t get to keep an part of the animal. It all goes to the tribes. You also have to work for a week. Whatever that means.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                And you don’t get to keep an part of the animal. It all goes to the tribes. You also have to work for a week. Whatever that means.
                I was all excited but if this is the case then I'm out. I don't need a whole bison, but I'm not going home with no meat either.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post

But not sure after reading requirements. They had me until "The hunter must be able to haul the carcass without motorized assistance." Hahaha

J
                    That is fat boy discrimination. I should file a complaint.

Comment

One article says you become a skilled volunteer. That you can receive up to one whole bison in return for your work.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        I was all excited but if this is the case then I'm out. I don't need a whole bison, but I'm not going home with no meat either.
                        Looking into it further.. it says that the park and AZ F&G will determine and distribute to the skilled volunteers at the end of the week no more than one bison.

Any left over/not claimed goes to the tribes.

Also didnt see anything about a work week. You have to be available for the week.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder if you could request tribal assistance to haul the bison out on horses or mules?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                            I wonder if you could request tribal assistance to haul the bison out on horses or mules?
                            They weigh 2000 lbs, there’s not a person in the world that can drag a whole carcass. Maybe a piece at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post

J
                              I asked my wife, "Do you think I'm in great shape?" She said "yes".

I then asked, " Do you think I'm in good enough shape to haul a bison out of the Grand Canyon?" No response.

Comment

Working...
                              X