Dilemma with selling house....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilemma with selling house....

Do a bunch of upgrades that cost a bunch of money so you can sell house for more and maybe sell it faster?

Or leave house as is, sell for less, save the money, and don't hassle with all the remodeling. Let the new owners pick the tile/cabinets/floors/etc?

Right now I would say sell as is! Materials are high and its a sellers market. I would list it at what you think you would get after doing the upgrades and go from there.

Comment

Yeah I was debating on selling a property as is. It’s worth far more commercial and hope to go that route but it’s still worth a bunch as is.

Comment

Why spend $2 dollars to make $1 dollar......

I listed a house a couple of weeks ago. Seller said we should do $180k as there were some problems, foundation, pool motor and cracks in the sheetrock were the major issues. I told him lets go for $200k as the foundation was under warranty and he already had the pool motor on order. The sheetrock cracks, well he had 2 qoutes, one $2400 and one for $800. Went active at 9:30 a.m. on a Wednesday (showings were only between 9am-7pm) and we shut down showings the next day after over 50 showings and 20 offers. Closed yesterday for $215k....

It is a seller's market. Not sure what your price point is, but up here, anything around $200k-250k, it isn't lasting long and you would be surprised at what people are offering and some of the steps they are taking to secure the home.

Comment

Thanks guys. Good info.

Comment

House is going to sell over asking without any additional work. It's wild right now

Comment

Had a buddy out an offer in on a 350k house at 5k over asking final close to the need up 75k higher than i his offer

Sellers market. Ask a premium. They are lying over appraisal value by 40-60k right niw

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post

I listed a house a couple of weeks ago. Seller said we should do $180k as there were some problems, foundation, pool motor and cracks in the sheetrock were the major issues. I told him lets go for $200k as the foundation was under warranty and he already had the pool motor on order. The sheetrock cracks, well he had 2 qoutes, one $2400 and one for $800. Went active at 9:30 a.m. on a Wednesday (showings were only between 9am-7pm) and we shut down showings the next day after over 50 showings and 20 offers. Closed yesterday for $215k....

It is a seller's market. Not sure what your price point is, but up here, anything around $200k-250k, it isn't lasting long and you would be surprised at what people are offering and some of the steps they are taking to secure the home.
                How would a person best go about getting a corporation’s attention to get them interested in purchasing adjacent land. They can’t expand without buying me out. The people low on the totem pole are fully aware that they need my land but the fat cats far away in big offices are less likely to care about cramped conditions, insufficient loading dock space and little room for delivery trucks.

Comment

4 years ago we did all kinds of upgrades and sold our house. We got more than we
                  Thought we would get. The guy that bought it, gutted the whole thing. Wasted money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                    4 years ago we did all kinds of upgrades and sold our house. We got more than we
                    Thought we would get. The guy that bought it, gutted the whole thing. Wasted money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Dang. That's crazy. Thanks for sharing

Comment

List as is and the sooner the better... Market can't last like this for much longer... Big bubble equates to big burst IMHO

Comment

I bought my home 3 yrs ago. Seller remodeled. I gutted sold the new cabinets and other items he just put in and completely redid the entire inside. Seller is friends with my neighbor still. Stopped by and said well hell if I knew this I would have saved myself 30 grand.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          House is going to sell over asking without any additional work. It's wild right now
                          This is what I was going to say. My mom just sold her house in Summerwood for 15k over asking price on the first day it went on the market. I think they started a little on the low side though.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post

I'm in real estate as well and couldn't have said it any better myself. List it without updating. As long as there aren't any issues with the major components of the house, i.e. foundation, roof, HVAC....etc. Do not waste the money doing it as you will not recoup everything that you will most likely spend.

Comment

Bobby the new buyers probably will not like the colors anyway they will paint it the color they want and put the carpet in it they want this happened in the house next to me the gal that lived there spent a bunch of money doing Paint carpet and other things the new buyers came in and changed all of it anyway so the way the market is right now I would sell it as is shave the trouble and the money

Comment

Working...
                              X