Mud park in Jacksonville??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mud park in Jacksonville??

Looking for information about what to expect. My 17 yr. son is wanting to go with his 18 yr. girlfriend. There will be some adult supervision but not much. I'm unsure if it like rednecks with paychecks or more family style. He is a good kid. Im not the best at telling him no as he has done well with most decision in right and wrong. His girl is putting a lot of pressure on him about this. I want to make the right decision as a parent. Help.

I have never been there personally but have heard a lot about it. It's all trails and mudding. To be totally honest with you, you never really know what you will see or what will happen there. I have been to the one in Alto at Shiloh Ridge and it's a bunch of red necks with toys. A lot of fun. If you trust your boy I don't think there should be a problem with making good decisions. You could expect to see any where from 1000 to 10000 people there you never really know. There should be a website you can look at pictures to get some what of an idea.

Comment

muy bueno

Comment

Are they going on an event weekend?

On event weekends, it's like Rednecks with Paychecks. Crazy traffic, crazy people.

On a normal weekend the place is much more laid back.

Comment

If you are talking about Mud Nationals at Mud Creek Park outside of Jacksonville then tell him no, he can't go. I have been a few times and imagine about 10,000 rednecks, about 3/4 of them are drunk, doing stupid stuff on ATVs, in an area of about 3,000 acres.

However, if you go on a weekend when they are not having an event, there are a lot of trails there and you can find a little mud to play in without being overwhelmed by a huge amount of people.

Comment

I've been to mud creek. We went for a weekend in September. There may have been about 100 people there. If it is an event weekend you can count on thousands of drunk rednecks . The place is roughly 3500ac of open land you drive around without supervision from the park. You can take the RVs, generators, and camp out in any field. There are few small cabins to camp in as well. It's a great time.

Personally, I wouldn't be against my son going, but I would also attend.

Comment

Like said above, heck no on an event weekend as well. Way to many trucks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyotekiller View Post
                Like said above, heck no on an event weekend as well. Way to many trucks for me.
                No trucks allowed at Mud Creek. Too many drunks... That is FOR SURE.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                  Are they going on an event weekend?

On event weekends, it's like Rednecks with Paychecks. Crazy traffic, crazy people.

On a normal weekend the place is much more laid back.
                  This is spot on. I have been out there when you hardly see anyone but if it is an event weekend it can get wild. These events have gotten to the point where I won't go to them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by akey View Post
                    This is spot on. I have been out there when you hardly see anyone but if it is an event weekend it can get wild. These events have gotten to the point where I won't go to them anymore.
                    Just flat out too dangerous to go almost. Every time someone wrecks into me or gets seriously hurt, usually multiple people seriously hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                      No trucks allowed at Mud Creek. Too many drunks... That is FOR SURE.

Lol yeah what he said.

Comment

Had a great time 1st time we went 2nd time I couldn't even park my camper with out telling people to move because they where so drunk.

Comment

Thanks for the in put.

Comment

I have been a few times and everybody I ran in to was either drunk or working on getting drunk. Went to Mud Nationals one time for 2 hours and left. It was like Mardi Gras only worse. Family atmosphere...ummmm NO.

Comment

I haven't been to Jacksonville but I have a cousin who loves up there and used to take his kids all the time when they rode. Now iv been to some other parks on event weekends and as stated above, they can get crazy. Usualy a lot of people drunk at events and someone usualy gets hurt. If it's just a normal weekend there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                              X