No announcement yet.

Precious Metals question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it came to that...and society was that out of control. I do not think I would leave my safe secure surroundings too much. I have this image of Mad Max in my head and one would most likely have to travel with an army.

Comment

My sentiments exactly! Lol! Or defend yourself against roving bands of looters/ opportunist.
      Last edited by Hogmauler; 05-10-2021, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Just found out from a buddy that you can literally buy silver “shot” that you would weigh out if necessary. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
          Just found out from a buddy that you can literally buy silver “shot” that you would weigh out if necessary. Crazy.
          I've bought 1 oz copper rounds for the small stuff. They go about $3 per round.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
            Bruce...precious metals are for when the banking system collapses to have a negotiable item of value, and for folks that speculate to build their portfolio with. Physical precious metals are nice to have in hand.
            If the SHTF...silver, gold and ammo/bullets will be the ONLY items negotiable worldwide. If all heck breaks loose you will have no problem at all buying or selling for what you need with precious metals.
            Water too. My wife wants to put in a well with a hand pump. It's hard to get water without electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
              Bruce...precious metals are for when the banking system collapses to have a negotiable item of value, and for folks that speculate to build their portfolio with. Physical precious metals are nice to have in hand.
              If the SHTF...silver, gold and ammo/bullets will be the ONLY items negotiable worldwide. If all heck breaks loose you will have no problem at all buying or selling for what you need with precious metals.

If SHTF and I have five year supply of food and water and you want to trade with me I would not take gold. I’d take ammo/bullets but not precious metals. A pair of boots or a jacket would be worth more than gold bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very true. But where does this all end. You simply can cover every base. Especially being relegated to a subdivision for the wife’s job.

Comment

I believe that in 20 to 25 years (at most) we will be a cashless society. No idea how that plays into the gold & silver market.

Comment

Sooner than that SJ. One world government, one world religion, one currency. All in Revelation. You’ve heard the phrase several times over the years. Google Bush senior speech regarding the “new world order”.

Comment

I have never understood the “value” of precious metals in a SHTF scenario.

If money was of no value, and I had a pig I was about to butcher to feed my family, and someone approached me and offer me a 10oz gold bar for that pig which is roughly $20,000 value now, how do you justify going hungry for that trade?

I don’t get it. It’s not usable. You gonna met it down and make a ring?

I feel like we as a society have moved past this as far as desires.

Ammo is way more appealing to me.

I honestly see mire value in knowledge of a trade business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hyperinflation brings fiat currency(money) to a stage where it is truly worthless. Google what happened in Germany many many years ago(1923). Check out South America countries and their money fiascos. Who knows what precious metals will be worth in the future, but look back in world history for centuries and see what the "haves and have nots" had on hand. Like I said, consider it an insurance policy, some have a million $ policy, some $10k, others none. You decide.

Comment

A previous post mentioned liquor and ammo as bartering items. And yes Flash those are great points as well. The whole idea of this and the previous prepper thread was/is to get folks thinking. I had a conversation with a woman and her daughter in HEB yesterday regarding buying a little extra when you come in. So many folks don’t see where this could all head. Thousands of people flooding our border sooner or later are gonna wreck our health care, Medicare, food supply, and Lord knows what else. Should we worry about it? When I find myself leaning that way I have to stop and re focus on Jesus and know He’s in control. I will still try to do all I can however to help my family. As should any man worth his salt.

Comment

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition Bruce.
                            Worrying about anything you cannot control is a waste of time.
                            Prepare as best you can.
                            Since money began, man has placed value on precious metals. If there was a SHTF scenario and there was no Gov't backed monetary system, Mad max stuff. Lawlessness will prevail and the ones who planned somewhat will be in a better position than those that did not plan. We all have spare tires, fire extinguishers, guns and ammo. Hope we never need them. But we have them. Precious metals are just that. Hope you never need them, but have 'em.

Comment

Working...
                            X