No announcement yet.

Best low fence ranches in South Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You sir are the one that said it's mostly low fenced I simply said that is not the case. The Comanche is an awesome ranch but it is not low fence.
    I'm not going to argue, It really does not matter, you can drive any of those highways and see miles after miles of low fence. The parts I've been on where mostly low fenced. But guys like that build and take down fences as often as the average hunter moves feeders around.

I will comment on your attitude though, that needs some work. I was also going to give you some advice about somebody you started a thread on and was asking for references on, which I saw after I clicked on your name a minute ago and looked at your past threads. But I think you two guys would get along great after reading your post on here. Good luck this season

Comment

So......who’s won the measuring contest? Are we still going?

Comment

If you base this discussion on trophy deer per acre few compare to the Nunley Chittum pasture. Their total deer density is high but their trophy count is insane. Love/Hate the DD marketing all you want but their buck quality is second to none!

Comment

Feed

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
          Great ranch...what feed are y’all using?
          Super heavy on the cottonseed and Lyssy & eckel. Some guys feed double down as well. We haven’t had any issues with the variety pack of protein

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
            Wrong. Donnie Draeger. He's been there for years
            Well I guess when we stayed at the Faith with Rob and shot a couple of mgmt deer we we’re trespassing and poaching. I should probably dispose of the shoulder mounts.

Comment

Well I guess when we stayed at the Faith with Rob and shot a couple of mgmt deer we we’re trespassing and poaching. I should probably dispose of the shoulder mounts.
              in all honesty you probably where haha

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                I'm not going to argue, It really does not matter, you can drive any of those highways and see miles after miles of low fence. The parts I've been on where mostly low fenced. But guys like that build and take down fences as often as the average hunter moves feeders around.

I will comment on your attitude though, that needs some work. I was also going to give you some advice about somebody you started a thread on and was asking for references on, which I saw after I clicked on your name a minute ago and looked at your past threads. But I think you two guys would get along great after reading your post on here. Good luck this season
                Don’t want to enter into the huntingfool vortex , but I did some of my post graduate studies, on the Comanche and tordillo
                And the encactado / happy ranch and yes lots of it was low fence for research projects! But it’s been a few years now, so it could have changed 5 times over and back, I was with Dr O’brian .
                Now y’all have fun on topic

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                  in all honesty you probably where haha
                  I guess when Dan and his son stayed here during the first Toyota tournament, by your definition he was trespassing also. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                    The Galvan is not low fence. For south Texas native whitetail genetics I will put the Briscoe Catarina towards the river and the Piloncillo.
                    Wrong on Galvan

Comment

I guess when Dan and his son stayed here during the first Toyota tournament, by your definition he was trespassing also. Haha.
                      I was making a joke about your last comment in regards to poaching and Rob, there are alot of old stories about him

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                        Wrong on Galvan
                        The Galvan is high fence on La Mesa side all the way up, on the Lomas/Tierritas side I don’t remember but the side that neighbors the Buenavista is high fence. On the Riverside is high fenced on the Treviño side and the Apache side I don’t remember
                        Last edited by RF76; 04-29-2021, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                          The Galvan is not low fence. For south Texas native whitetail genetics I will put the Briscoe Catarina towards the river and the Piloncillo.
                          Galvan it depends on which pasture some is high some low
                          The one that I was on is open in to Webb 09’s , then high on LA Mesa East side and high on north west, till we ended on low fence on Old mines rd so technically it’s not 100% closed off with high fence, it’s been a few years so some of the fence might have changed? My first lease on Galvan the Norte pasture was 100% high with gates ranch and piloncillo as neighbors, our camp was the old house which burned down when briscoe leased the cattle and hunting rights from the foundation before it was a T4 Brask

Comment

HF on LaMesa, LF bordering Briscoe for my pasture. Headquarters is HF on LaMesa but LF on Briscoe, Chennault and Pilo. All fencing fronting Mines Rd is LF as Pilar said.

Comment

All great places to have the opportunity to hunt...hopefully they all get rain this weekend, as Holden is going on 17 straight years of communicating this year is the worst drought ever for his ranch. I think Holden needs a snickers too.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                                I want a snickers...
                                Always the same guys.... man ask a simple question, people turn it into a chit show and **** measuring contest. And one of them got so bent last fall he swore TBH off.... guess he's back

Comment

Working...
                                X