Kayak overlanding trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayak overlanding trailer

We started out with a little trash trailer. We added a foot to the end of the trailer, added walls, and a roof rack for kayaks or roof top tent. We had to add 2-3 foot on the tough of the trailer to balance it out on the road. Took us 2-3 days to build it’s all welded and we painted it black. It was a fun little project. It holds 6 kayaks and you can put 2-3 Hammocks in the middle. We take it duck hunting to hall blinds and decoys. We have taken it camping a few times it makes for a fun little rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice!

Comment

very cool!

Comment

That thing looks like a blast! Well done!

Comment

I'd love to see more pictures. I have a trailer that I've pinned for the same thing.

One good idea I was told is to add a long piece of PVC to store rods in. A cap can be added to the end that could be pinned/locked for security.

Comment

I've been keeping my eyes open for an M101 or similar 1/4 ton military trailer to do the same with.

Comment

It makes for a fun little rig

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                I'd love to see more pictures. I have a trailer that I've pinned for the same thing.

One good idea I was told is to add a long piece of PVC to store rods in. A cap can be added to the end that could be pinned/locked for security.

In my car I have a rack that holds about 8 poles inside so they all protected. But wouldn’t bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                X