X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10x42 EL best money can buy

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
      I agree with Chuck above about their customer services, it’s as good as advertised. We have #1,3,4 and a pair of 15x56s that we use. The 10x42el range are the best all around pair in my personal opinion. I can’t tell the difference in the glass from el range vs the regular el 10x42s. I can (with my eyes) tell a big difference with sharpness from SLC vs Els. Again, everyone’s eyes are a little different. The 15x56s slc are great for long range, but all around 10x42s el range for me.
      Have you had any issues with the range finder not working properly? What’s the closest you can range animals. I’ve herd 30 yards and under it doesn’t like to work correctly. That doesn’t sound right to me, but I’ve never ran a range finder/bino combo.

Comment

I have the 10x42 EL Range. I'd never go back to a range finder, unless I'm bow hunting. Not sure why people would think the glass is different from the non range. It's the same. That info came from the Swarovski rep.
        For my type of hunting it works for me. I don't need to range much under 50 yards. The weight isn't noticeable at all unless you've been using a much smaller or lighter/cheaper pair of binos.

The range finder starts at 30 or 33 yards I believe. Works great. I wouldn't own another pair, except for the Leica 10x42 with range.

Comment

I'm in the poor house just running 10x42 SLCs but they are a heck of a jump up from $500 binos.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
            Have you had any issues with the range finder not working properly? What’s the closest you can range animals. I’ve herd 30 yards and under it doesn’t like to work correctly. That doesn’t sound right to me, but I’ve never ran a range finder/bino combo.
            Yes, Chuck (above post) and I have both had some issues with our range finders trying to range way out 500+ yards. It’s just hard to hit the same spot with a laser consistently when you get that far out there. With that said, I still killed a doe at 400 yards this season and Chuck killed one farther than that which were both ranged with them.They do only start range at 33 yrds, but that’s really never been a big issue for me. You will not be disappointed with them.

Comment

I see no need for any bino under 11x for any thing west or north west of 35

In Swaro’s case that’s a 12 or 15.

When Swaro comes out with a 12x range I’d buy them but not until
              Last edited by Texans42; 03-20-2021, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I have the 10X42 EL’s and a Leica rangefinder. Zero complaints. This set up would fit your needs perfectly.

Comment

I have the 10x42 EL Range and they are hands down the best bino I’ve used. For bowhunting, the range finder will not help you much though. It doesn’t pic up until 20-30 yards. I use a pair of 10x42 SLC and a hand held rangefinder for bowhunting. But for guiding and rifle hunting the EL Range is my favorite. You can’t go wrong with any of your choices really.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                    I see no need for any bino under 11x for any thing west or north west of 35

In Swaro’s case that’s a 12 or 15.

When Swaro comes out with a 12x range I’d buy them but not until
                    Well, pretty sure they have what you need then...I have the SLC 15x56 and love them. I’ll never buy another pair of binos (unless mine break or something)

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                      Well, pretty sure they have what you need then...I have the SLC 15x56 and love them. I’ll never buy another pair of binos (unless mine break or something)
                      They actually do not at this time, well atleast until they release a 15x NL maybe or a 12x NL pure Range. While the SLC are great glass and they are the undisputed king of the 15x, IMO they don’t justify the price difference over the Meopta or Maven b5.

now if they release a 15x NL and it follows same suit as the rest of the NL line, I’d probably clean house on my optics. I personally really really like the 12x NL pures and thought about up grading but will wait until 15x NL or 12x NL range.

I really really wish someone would come out with a 12x and 15x ranging bino besides the old Leica Geovids.
                      Last edited by Texans42; 03-20-2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                        I've got the 10x50. Really love them but they are on heavy side for long glassing. buddy has 10x42 and they're sharp too. The 50's probably get just a few mins more of lighting before and after sunrise/set. If i get another pair it'll be 42's.
                        Rich.. Ill trade you my 10x42 SLC for those 50s

Comment

Looks like I will be going with the 10x42’s el

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
                            I have the 10x42 EL Range and they are hands down the best bino I’ve used. For bowhunting, the range finder will not help you much though. It doesn’t pic up until 20-30 yards. I use a pair of 10x42 SLC and a hand held rangefinder for bowhunting. But for guiding and rifle hunting the EL Range is my favorite. You can’t go wrong with any of your choices really.
                            Thank you sir.

Comment

Next questions is where is the best place to purchase a pair from?

Comment

I've never seen then for sale anywhere with a good discount.
                                I've seen them listed used for a bit of a discount.

Comment

Working...
                                X