Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setup question. Fletching impacting the shelf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just trying to help you

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
      Hey Todd, that type of rest really is made for shooting a release. When shooting fingers your arrow oscillates more and that rest will not allow for that. Have fun and get your form down but meanwhile check into another rest. The NAP Centerest is likely the most popular finger shooting rest for a reason. Good Luck!!!!
      This!

And I wouldn't want to chew up my turkey feathers on a WB.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

caughtandhobble has got it right. That's a horrible finger shooter release. The arrows flex way to much for it.

Ben, I've actually been present when a bad finger release through a whiskerbiscuit snapped the arrow in half. Thank god it was an aluminum. A carbon would have splintered all over the place, and I was to close for comfort.

Rick

Comment

Okay, I'll revisit this. Thanks for the heads-up!

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just ordered the NAP rest. Should be here early this week.

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
              I just ordered the NAP rest. Should be here early this week.

You'll like it. I've used them for years on bows that needed them, and love them. Even on recurves near 100# in draw weight, I never had one fail, or cause me problems.

Sometimes the connector sleeve for the head needs to be shortened to get into center. I don't think it will on your bow, but if it does just shout at me, and I'll talk you through it.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                You'll like it. I've used them for years on bows that needed them, and love them. Even on recurves near 100# in draw weight, I never had one fail, or cause me problems.

Sometimes the connector sleeve for the head needs to be shortened to get into center. I don't think it will on your bow, but if it does just shout at me, and I'll talk you through it.

Rick
                I'll do it, thanks again!

Comment

A bolt through and nut on opposite side and adjust to center .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! I'll see how the new rest works today. If not, I may go this route.

Comment

Okay, so I installed the NAP rest today and shot maybe 5 dozen arrows down range. It seems to be working quite well! I'll stick with this for a while. I appreciate all of the help!

Comment

Another question... I am getting better arrow flight now, but still not perfect. It looks like I am getting knock right flight, so I decided to purchase some 600 spine arrows. I now have the the shafts and I need to get started on inserts, fletching, etc. Do I want to keep them at full length or set them up at the length I have my 500s?

Todd

Comment

Todd I'd recommend tuning those 600's to the weight of insert/broadhead you want to hunt with.

Richard.

Comment

I hope to shoot a 125 grain point.

Comment

leave full length for now and then you can cut them later if you need to

Comment

Sounds good. I'll set a couple at full length and try them out before going any farther.

Comment

Working...
                                X