Plains, Tx mule deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plains, Tx mule deer?

Ive gained access to 640 acres 9.5 miles northwest of Plains, Tx in Yoakum county. I know there are some mule deer in that area but Ive never been there. The place looks to be right in the middle of a bunch of crop fields. This property is mostly all crop fields as well with not much brush. Grass is in the middle of all the irrigation circles. Anyone have any insight about this area and if it would be worth my time to hunt? Thanks

They kill some straight up monsters 6-8 miles away in the Yoakum Dunes WMA

I’m not much help outside of that..

Comment

It's always worth the time to hunt I love hunting new areas

Comment

I used to work in yoakum co and saw some of the best over all nuke deer than anywhere else I’ve been. The ranch I had my leases in was about 50/50 crop land brush. During December and early January I generally saw at least 1 170 plus deer a day and saw several well over 200.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          They kill some straight up monsters 6-8 miles away in the Yoakum Dunes WMA

I’m not much help outside of that..
          X2.

My son drew a hunt there that we went on last month and he killed a pretty decent buck. We saw a lot of mule deer. One really nice buck. A few young up and comers.

Comment

Most certainly worth the time...

Comment

I have a friend that hunts in the area and loves it

Comment

I guess I’m gonna have to check it out. Was told they plant peanuts so could be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                  I guess I’m gonna have to check it out. Was told they plant peanuts so could be pretty good.
                  need a driver for the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                    Mule deer love the peanuts and can get very large eating them.

Comment

Working...
                    X