Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Texas Grown!

Have to say it came together nicely. Nice when you order from a company that knows what they are doing. I told them my vision and they suggested what trim etc. Very clean well closed. Should last a lifetime!

Ran shy of 4 fo closures and forgot to pick them up today. Going to slap up the side pieces best I can but will have to come back and put trim up later. Main thing is to get the siding up in the Gable so no leaks occur.

Will tackle the floor later tonight.
    Attached Files

Comment

Better pic. A/C Drain is the pipe sticking out.
      Attached Files

Comment

awesome! thanks for sharing.

Comment

Antlers, I don't post much here but I gotta say, You have done a masterful job on this build! I have followed along since the beginning and have enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks for posting this build!

Comment

Originally posted by brents45 View Post
            awesome! thanks for sharing.
            Originally posted by locolobo View Post
            Antlers, I don't post much here but I gotta say, You have done a masterful job on this build! I have followed along since the beginning and have enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks for posting this build!
            Thank you both!

Gable on North end had to wait. Neighbors 500-600 yds away didn't like the sound of metal cutting. I slapped up 8 sheets of siding under the porch. It's pre cut and easy to do. After that I jumped inside and just about finished up the flooring. Have 4 small closets and 1 strip in the Grand Room that will require ripping on the table saw.

Lowe's delivery of everything should be tomorrow sometime. I'm ready and can't wait to get the cabinets installed.

What's left:

Inside

- Cabinets/Counter Top
            - Trim (1x4 and 1x6)
            - Outlets/Plugs
            - Fixtures
            - Toilets
            - Vanities
            - Appliances
            - Blinds
            - Paint (BIL will do) I HATE PAINTING
            - Wood Burning Stove (May wait)

Outside

- Siding under porch
            - Gable Siding
            - Corner Porch Roof
            - Back/Side Porch Steps
            Attached Files

Comment

Doors and trim? What gives? Undecided maybe on style?

I know you didn't butt any of that flooring up to the sil plates or s/r against it.

Looking very nice!!!
              Last edited by tigerscowboy; 12-18-2018, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                Doors and trim? What gives? Undecided maybe on style?

I know you didn't butt any of that flooring up to the sil plates or s/r against it.

Looking very nice!!!
                Yes interior doors. Forgot about them. They are arriving tomorrow with everything else. Trim will be 1x4 and 1x6.

Flooring is about 1/2" from sill plate. I will be putting a trim/transition piece there if that is what you are referring to.

Comment

That’s a great build and glad to see your getting close. Enjoyed the read. I’m probably gonna be starting something like this in the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                    That’s a great build and glad to see your getting close. Enjoyed the read. I’m probably gonna be starting something like this in the next year.
                    Thanks!

Cabinets almost done. Probably work on it more later tonight or Wednesday after Christmas.

Outlet behind Range was a mistake and not sure what the plan was there. I may move everything over with 4" spacer on each side of the sink base. Haven't decided just yet.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Antlers86; 12-23-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Any plans for a kitchen island? Seems like countertop and cabinet space are short.

Comment

Looking good sir!

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
                          Any plans for a kitchen island? Seems like countertop and cabinet space are short.
                          Small house and all the counter space they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            Small house and all the counter space they want.
                            [emoji106] What you have built and allowed us to follow is nothing short of amazing. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by freezerfiller View Post
                              Looking good sir!
                              Originally posted by TWarren View Post
                              [emoji106] What you have built and allowed us to follow is nothing short of amazing. Thanks!
                              Thank you!

Comment

I'm in suspense

Comment

Working...
                                X