No announcement yet.

Raccoon proof feeders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have pipe feeder legs get some pvc that will fit over the leg. cut it in 3" pieces drill a hole through the leg about 12" from the ground run a bolt through it. stack the cut up pieces up the feeder legs almost to the top. They won't be able to climb up the leg.
    This has stopped the corn bandits completely from climbing up my 55 gal drum feeder.

Comment

Spintech spreader works great

Comment

6” stove pipe around the legs.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
          If you have pipe feeder legs get some pvc that will fit over the leg. cut it in 3" pieces drill a hole through the leg about 12" from the ground run a bolt through it. stack the cut up pieces up the feeder legs almost to the top. They won't be able to climb up the leg.
          This has stopped the corn bandits completely from climbing up my 55 gal drum feeder.
          What diameter? Any pics?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
            6” stove pipe around the legs.
            40” pieces ( one joint cut into thirds) 4” PVC schedule 40 suspended by chains.
            I have it on 15 feeders presently. Saves the wires and solar panels

Many years of successful coon prevention.
            Shotguns/.22 at night with occasional other methods prevent them from the corn on the ground.

713 8one8 nine 7 eight two for photos
            BP

Comment

Grease, carpet tacks, slinky, shark teeth, pvc on a chain, are all epic failures.

Comment

I have to agree on the slinky’s, I put some on a feeder and my coons just laughed

Comment

We had one coon make past the PVC this summer.
                  He was thin and at the feeder a lot during daylight.
                  We removed him manually.
                  But cameras prove ifat coons slip on the slick PVC and give up trying

Comment

High temp grease with cayenne pepper mixed in for when they try to lick the grease off their feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Grease, carpet tacks, slinky, shark teeth, pvc on a chain, are all epic failures.

Yup. Ours just used the **** sharks teeth and carpet tacks for grip

Comment

I know some folks don't like them but I put Eliminator spinners on all my corn feeders and they work great. Huge difference in the amount of corn used in a month, now you will have to adjust the spin time in order to distribute the amount you like to put out.

Comment

I don't think there is such a thing as "coon proof"

There are things that are very coon resistant but they can come up with all kinds of solutions to get what they want

Comment

I've got 1 HB from Lyssy/Eckels that has been great at keeping coons from the corn.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              I don't think there is such a thing as "coon proof"

There are things that are very coon resistant but they can come up with all kinds of solutions to get what they want

I would normally agree until Lamco and ASF came out with their plate feeders. I have the Lamco Lo and Thro and it’s had plenty of them around it but all they can do is eat what’s on the ground and the rare piece laying on the plates. They can’t get to the spinner though...

Comment

Raccoon proof feeders?

I don’t know when the last time I even got a pic of a raccoon. They would need 1.5’+ arms to reach the spinner, but we have an eliminator plate for that just in case. Texas Wildlife Supply makes badazz feeders
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	69B9D4C1-5FC3-47DA-9E80-283132EAE943.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	24588624

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Patton; 08-16-2019, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X