Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 06-01-2020, 07:33 PM   #1
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD
Default 82nd: Wheels up

This has the potential to make JTF-LA look like a water balloon fight.

Quote:
The Pentagon has ordered the 82nd Airborne Division’s Immediate Response Force to deploy to the D.C.-area amid rioting across the nation, according to multiple sources on background.

The force is the same one that deployed earlier this year to quell violent Iran-backed protests in Iraq.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-c-amid-riots/
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 08:04 PM   #2
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Mixed opinions about this. If Obama has made this move, the outrage on the right would be palpable. We would be yelling he’s in objection to posse comitatus.

I think the National Guard is more than capable to have dealt with this. Guess we will see how this shakes out. But it won’t end well.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 08:08 PM   #3
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

If Obama would have called the 82nd to put an end to Antifa's terrorist riots, I would not have been upset with him. I would have been shocked that he was actually on the right side of it, but I wouldn't have been mad at him. It's beyond ridiculous what is going on, and the punk rioters need to be shut down hard.

Last edited by Shane; 06-01-2020 at 08:11 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 08:12 PM   #4
100%TtId
Ten Point

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 08:22 PM   #5
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
If Obama would have called the 82nd to put an end to Antifa's terrorist riots, I would not have been upset with him. I would have been shocked that he was actually on the right side of it, but I wouldn't have been mad at him. It's beyond ridiculous what is going on, and the punk rioters need to be shut down hard.
This
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 09:30 PM   #6
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Quote:
^ this
Old 06-01-2020, 09:55 PM   #7
camoclad
Eight Point

Hunt In: central tx

When have we ever deployed federal troops within our own borders for civil le? Is there a legal method for fed troops to take up arms against their own citizens? Sounds good at first but....
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 09:59 PM   #8
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Mixed opinions about this. If Obama has made this move, the outrage on the right would be palpable. We would be yelling heís in objection to posse comitatus.

I think the National Guard is more than capable to have dealt with this. Guess we will see how this shakes out. But it wonít end well.

Obama didnít have the balls!!! They are in his husband, Michaelís, purse!
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 10:02 PM   #9
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

The problem is the local guys arenít getting it done and I understand their conundrum
How many cops want to take action against black protesters

Not sure if national guard would be more effective under these circumstances

Itís not a precedent we want to see but something has to be done to regain control or its going to be left to private citizens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 10:03 PM   #10
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

Quote:
And destroy his own creation, that I'm sure he is very proud of at the moment??? Ppppffttt..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 10:03 PM   #11
dc1986
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico

Shoot straight!
dc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 10:21 PM   #12
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoclad View Post
When have we ever deployed federal troops within our own borders for civil le? Is there a legal method for fed troops to take up arms against their own citizens? Sounds good at first but....
We havenít, in fact it is expressly illegal u see the Posse Comitatus Act of 1806, theInsurrection Act of 1807 provides for some wiggle room. The latter requires the request of the Governor. But DC isnít a state and has no Governor, so I guess itís a bit of a gray area.

Iíll be the odd man out on this, I think this a bad play for US Citizen rights and I think itís a bad play for Trump politically. He is the CiC, if Americans die, the blood will be on his hands.

The National Guard was more than capable to handle this, but they needed to have the latitude to operate appropriately.

With all the anti federal overreach spewed here I find it hypocritical to endorse this.

And yíall are full of crap saying you would have supported Obama in ANYTHING. Except maybe Shane, he seems like the most consistent even keeled person on this board
Old 06-01-2020, 10:22 PM   #13
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
We havenít, in fact it is expressly illegal u see the Posse Comitatus Act of 1806, theInsurrection Act of 1807 provides for some wiggle room. The latter requires the request of the Governor. But DC isnít a state and has no Governor, so I guess itís a bit of a gray area.

Iíll be the odd man out on this, I think this a bad play for US Citizen rights and I think itís a bad play for Trump politically. He is the CiC, if Americans die, the blood will be on his hands.

The National Guard was more than capable to handle this, but they needed to have the latitude to operate appropriately.

With all the anti federal overreach spewed here I find it hypocritical to endorse this.

And yíall are full of crap saying you would have supported Obama in ANYTHING. Except maybe Shane, he seems like the most consistent even keeled person on this board

I am in total agreeance. I canít see deploying military against US citizens good in any way.

Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 10:29 PM   #14
Craw3773
Four Point

Hunt In: Surrounding Area

Federal troops were deployed to Arkansas in the 50's for desegregation. Detroit in the 60's for the riots there. Again in the 90's for the LA riots.

I'm not saying its a good idea, I'm just saying that its been done before. If you'd like to go down the rabbit hole, figure out who our AG was during the Rodney King/LA stuff, and compare that to who our AG is today.
Craw3773 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 10:30 PM   #15
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
I am in total agreeance. I canít see deploying military against US citizens good in any way.

This opens up a lot of possibilities for "demorats" in the future. What I would truly like to see happen is more people protecting themselves and their property.

Once the calm returns people are going to see the benefit of having police around as well as having the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 10:31 PM   #16
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity County

Quote:

Wrong. Bush sent Marines from Camp Pendleton to LA in 1992. Pretty well documented.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/histo...1#rebelltitem1
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 10:33 PM   #17
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
This opens up a lot of possibilities for "demorats" in the future. What I would truly like to see happen is more people protecting themselves and their property.

Once the calm returns people are going to see the benefit of having police around as well as having the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!
Yep. It's stark reality when you realize that calling the police doesn't have the desired effect. Or when tactical decisions are made that means giving up one neighborhood to better save another. I appreciate the police, but I don't depend on them to save me. Saving me is my job.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2020, 11:10 PM   #18
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoclad View Post
Los Angeles riots '92
Old 06-01-2020, 11:10 PM   #19
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Wrong. Bush sent Marines from Camp Pendleton to LA in 1992. Pretty well documented.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/histo...1#rebelltitem1
And 7th ID out of (then) Ft Ord
Old 06-02-2020, 08:12 AM   #20
TxKronik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb and Comal County

Also keep in mind Washington DC is not a state and they have their own very different rules.
TxKronik is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-02-2020, 08:47 AM   #21
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

There is already lots of chatter about them moving the riots and protests into the burbs and rural areas. Are these scumbags really that stupid? Yesterday they gathered on a bridge over I-20 at Matlock Rd and were throwing stuff down onto cars on the freeway just 5 miles from my nephew's house.
Attached Images

muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-02-2020, 09:24 AM   #22
Johnny44
Ten Point

Awesome
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-02-2020, 09:31 AM   #23
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
There is already lots of chatter about them moving the riots and protests into the burbs and rural areas. Are these scumbags really that stupid? Yesterday they gathered on a bridge over I-20 at Matlock Rd and were throwing stuff down onto cars on the freeway just 5 miles from my nephew's house.
Yeah, I don't think that will work out too good .
If they make it as rural as I am, they'll never be going home.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-02-2020, 09:46 AM   #24
Death from Above
Pope & Young

No choice...they have hamstrung local law enforcement.

I hate that it is happening and think a proactive approach would have ended the mess by now.

Trump is in over his head and has alienated any help...i pray he is getting wise coonsel
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-02-2020, 10:02 AM   #25
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
We haven’t, in fact it is expressly illegal u see the Posse Comitatus Act of 1806, theInsurrection Act of 1807 provides for some wiggle room. The latter requires the request of the Governor. But DC isn’t a state and has no Governor, so I guess it’s a bit of a gray area.

I’ll be the odd man out on this, I think this a bad play for US Citizen rights and I think it’s a bad play for Trump politically. He is the CiC, if Americans die, the blood will be on his hands.

And y’all are full of crap saying you would have supported Obama in ANYTHING. Except maybe Shane, he seems like the most consistent even keeled person on this board

The deploying of the military will be twisted by the media. All you will hear is cries of dictatorship and the media will use it to bludgeon Trump.

I’m sure this too will be unpopular opinion, but perhaps it’s time for dr Frankenstein just to deal with his monster. These liberal cities are reaping what they’ve sewn. Feds should stay out of it and leave it up to all these brilliant mayors and governors to handle.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-02-2020, 10:04 AM   #26
EarleyBird
Ten Point

Hunt In: Home

[QUOTE=Death from Above;14901221]No choice...they have hamstrung local law enforcement.

I hate that it is happening and think a proactive approach would have ended the mess by now.

No kidding. If only police were as aggressive with rioters as they were with hairstylists, barbers, and restaurateurs just a month ago.
EarleyBird is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-02-2020, 10:19 AM   #27
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
The deploying of the military will be twisted by the media. All you will hear is cries of dictatorship and the media will use it to bludgeon Trump.

Iím sure this too will be unpopular opinion, but perhaps itís time for dr Frankenstein just to deal with his monster. These liberal cities are reaping what theyíve sewn. Feds should stay out of it and leave it up to all these brilliant mayors and governors to handle.
Agreed on both accounts. They allowed this to fester, now let them deal with it popping in their face