X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
    Yes, be thankful a Dodge lasted you this long [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve driven a third of a million miles in 2, 01 RAMs. First had to be t-boned by an Accord between 40-50mph to kill it.

Comment

I have never bought a new vehicle and doubt I ever will. I dont see the sense in it. Why not buy a newer vehicle but one that is 5 yrs old with low miles? It would half the price a new one and almost like new if you find a good one. I am very picky about what I buy and my vehicles always last a long long time with very few repairs.

I also always try to buy vehicles that are a 1 owner and I ALWAYS check the carfax report.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
        Don’t just think you’ll be good for the next several years. You should be but you never know. I was in the same situation. I have a 2010 Ram 1500 with 200k and was just getting tired of putting money into it so two weeks ago I bought a new to me 2014 Ram 2500 with the 6.4. It had right at 68k miles when I bought it. Real clean truck inside and out. I know the previous owners well and knew it was treated right.

12 miles down the road after picking it up the check engine light comes on with a torque converter code. Thankfully, it still has a powertrain warranty and the sellers said they will cover any repairs if it’s not covered through warranty.

Hope it goes well for you. Just went through this, have a thread on here somewhere about it. 6K in repairs, all covered under warranty, by the skin of my teeth. Trans is now covered by another 50K mile warranty but my trust for the truck is lacking. I have been on the fence about trading it in, but I don't want a note either. So I'm driving it...casually looking for a manual trans civic or similar for a backup vehicle.

Comment

Working...
        X