FB Marketplace GRRR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    No problem but I will not buy or sell over a text only communication. You can tell a lot about the kind of person you are dealing with by hearing their voice.
    He is telling the truth! I was so shocked when he called me! I was fairly new to the forum! Jim and his son are First class guys.

Comment

OfferUp us the one that kills me. Three attempts to meet with cash and three no-shows!!!!! I would say typical to above typical success with FB, TGT, and CL, and of course excellent results here. TBH is a quantum better than the rest, especially for outdoor gear.

cricman

Comment

Another one today. Lady has a lathe on their. I msg her and ask for model number and if its Single phase she repsonds back within 2 mins i repsond and tell her i would like to come look at it and what time and where. No respsonse for 30mins then i get a msg its sold. This is the 4-5 time that is happened. Do you guys just say ill take it or what? Im sorry but i like to look at things before i comment ill take it especially over 1K$

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
          I've had good luck on small stuff being sold locally on FB. Trying to buy bigger items in other areas has been more miss than hit. And on a bigger item it drives me nuts when I ask 2 or 3 questions about it and they answer the last question with a 3 word reply and skip the other questions. Or when I try to get some pics sent and they are like just come look at it. You are 4 hours away fool. I just want a couple pics of the inside of it. Get your little iphone and click and send.

And then lately I've been looking for a trailer house and the bait and switch on there is horrible. See an ad, contact them and they have no idea about the one I am contacting them about, never heard of it, don't have anything like that. But they have some others that are 2-3x as much and they will gladly finance them for you with a low down payment.
          Yep its ridiculous i have ran into that as well..... and nobody will give you info or a number to call them.

Comment

Problem is they have lots of people back out also, so they sell to first person to show with cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              I've personally done much better with FB than CL
              This....I havent had one issue with FB marketplace.....actually I didnt have any problems with CL either other than scammers trying to scam.

Comment

I've had a bunch of folks from Market Place not show. They say they want it and we get a time to meet and nada. One time my son was trying to sell a PS4 and man they came out of the woodwork. Finally after the back and forth a fine young man showed up on time. I've never attempted to buy as I don't think it's worth my hassle.

Comment

I guess my aggrevation with it is how do you have any trust in going to look at something that 30 mins away or father hell what if its 2-3 hrs away. And you tell them im coming to look at it and then get half way their and they sell it??

Its already happened to me once. Told the lady i would be there at noon. She said ok it would be there. So i load up tractor and trailer to go get it it was oilfield pipe. Get half way there and she msg and says she sold it to her neighbor. Luckily it was on my way to work which is a 50min drive so i want out much but dang its aggravating.

Comment

Purchased a storage trailer with no issues on FB. Was trying to buy a 24 foot Fiberglass extension ladder the other week and had ok communication but the seller would not reply when I tried to set up the transaction. It was crazy. Still on FB though. Wished her luck good by.

Comment

Bought a custom rod on a fishing facebook page. The seller had posted several times, a lot of positive comments on his posts about how good his work was.
                      I venmo'd him, he said it would take 2 weeks. That was 4 years ago. His fb page was deleted. Pretty sure he got about 10 of us.

Comment

We made a ton of money on Craigslist the last few years. Has dried up to almost nothing generated there now. Most of the online customers come from Marketplace. Like anything you have to sort through 50 tire kickers for every customer.

We bought a 2019 F350 with a 300MP welder from a guy in Wyoming a few weeks ago. Was listed on Craigslist and both sides were cautious the other was a scammer. He said he would hold it for us so I booked a flight and went to pick it up. We sent his bank the money that morning and he met me at the airport. Said he had been dealing with a lot of scammers since he listed it and wondered why some guys from Texas would come all that way. Super nice guy.

Comment

Liked the marketplace, bought and sold many a thing, but I'm done with FB... Don't need anyone telling me to bow down to the flag

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            Never had any trouble. I realize I'm in the minority. Craigslist, on the other hand, is useless.
                            Sold my Jeep yesterday from a Craigslist ad.
                            Super nice guy. Drove from Kentucky.
                            Last edited by Rubi513; 07-21-2020, 03:35 PM.

Comment

No trouble here. Listed my late Mom's car on FB and had 28 replies and sold it to the first that said he would bring cash the next day, the second person that replied to my post. Sold in 2 days! Never bought anything though.

Comment

I built half a boat from used parts from FB marketplace, it's the only thing aboot FB that's worth a ****. Got a nice console/fuel tank combo in Rockport and a bunch of other random little things.

Comment

Working...
                                X