Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-09-2021, 07:53 AM   #51
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
OU is going to be a monster barring injury. TCU, Iowa and OsU are playing for 2nd
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3products20 View Post
You forgot to take the tracks through to January at the Orange bowl where the 4th ranked Aggies(9-1) smashed the Tar Heels 41 to 27.....

For once in the last 10 years, and 2-3 times in the last 24, the roller coaster didn't "furk"....congrats on your 4th place banner and plaque...
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 08:01 AM   #52
CentralTXHunter
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
King gonna make us forget Mond!

Won’t take me much to forget him. I still can’t believe he got drafted in the 3rd round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CentralTXHunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 08:06 AM   #53
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people

Quote:
You forgot to take the tracks through to January at the Orange bowl where the 4th ranked Aggies(9-1) smashed the Tar Heels 41 to 27.....
I try to stay out of this mess as much as possible, but could not let this one go.

A&M smashed UNC? UNC missing 4 out of 5 of their best players in a game that was tied with a minute and a half left in the game is smashing someone?
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 08:21 AM   #54
sotx
Ten Point

Hunt In: McMullen County

So with Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State locked in play offs for 2021-22 season the rest of the schools are competing for the 4 spot. I can only hope and pray my aggies sneak in.
sotx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 08:25 AM   #55
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
For once in the last 10 years, and 2-3 times in the last 24, the roller coaster didn't "furk"....congrats on your 4th place banner and plaque...
You might want to check the stats. Since 2010 UT has a record of 75-61. Aggies have a record of 92-47.... Quite a large difference! Since 2010 Aggies have played in the same division, in the same conference, as the national champion 4 times. Aggies have been ranked top 5 twice 2012 ranked 5th and 2020 ranjed 4th. Longhorns ranked 9th in 2018. I know it's easy to hate on the guy moving up when your in the gutter but it some point you have to realize there's a reason why your program is irrelevant! May have something to do with athletes not liking hippy liberals or homeless bums on campus!! I don't know why it is the way it is but stats don't lie...
c3products20 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 08:28 AM   #56
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I try to stay out of this mess as much as possible, but could not let this one go.

A&M smashed UNC? UNC missing 4 out of 5 of their best players in a game that was tied with a minute and a half left in the game is smashing someone?
Sorry I forgot to include excuses in my post....
Old 07-09-2021, 08:39 AM   #57
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:

CoolHandLuke is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 08:42 AM   #58
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

horn would have been here crowing had they lost to a team missing 4 or 5 starters….sooo.
oktx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 08:55 AM   #59
buffalorider
Ten Point

Hunt In: Pineywoods

Quote:

Excuses or not, being tied under 2 minutes in the 4th excludes being able to use the term “smashed”. “Squeaked by” would be more accurate.

buffalorider is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 09:03 AM   #60
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalorider View Post
Excuses or not, being tied under 2 minutes in the 4th excludes being able to use the term “smashed”. “Squeaked by” would be more accurate.

Ok, ok....We squeaked by to beat them 41-27. Sorry you are 100% right. I shouldn't of included the last two minutes of the game into the entirety of the contest. I failed to realize those last 2 minutes are a contest of their own to determine who wins the last 2 minutes not the whole game. I'm glad you helped me understand that! My mind is blown right now. I never knew that was the case. I guess a T-sip can teach an aggie something after all......
Old 07-09-2021, 09:09 AM   #61
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Billy I don’t know what to think of Texas. More is going on there than just new coaches. I think the culture of UT and Austin has changed so much it’s just different. Also most first year head coaches struggle
Something changed. The athletic program just knocked Stanford off it's 20 year perch atop the Directors Cup standing. Del Conte appears to be starting a DeLoss Dodds type run. His coaching hires have all been stellar so far. Hopefully Sark will be the same. The talent is there. I'm not saying they will win the Big 12 and make the playoff. I'm just saying a definate 5th place finish in the conference without even "playing for" a higher spot is not going to be the case.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 09:17 AM   #62
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

I see some smack talk on this thread but it isn't BoB. Lol.

Old 07-09-2021, 09:20 AM   #63
c3products20
Ten Point

What else is there to do on day 20 of an Amazonian rain event in Houston?
Old 07-09-2021, 09:34 AM   #64
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
You might want to check the stats. Since 2010 UT has a record of 75-61. Aggies have a record of 92-47.... Quite a large difference! Since 2010 Aggies have played in the same division, in the same conference, as the national champion 4 times. Aggies have been ranked top 5 twice 2012 ranked 5th and 2020 ranjed 4th. Longhorns ranked 9th in 2018. I know it's easy to hate on the guy moving up when your in the gutter but it some point you have to realize there's a reason why your program is irrelevant! May have something to do with athletes not liking hippy liberals or homeless bums on campus!! I don't know why it is the way it is but stats don't lie...
Now do records vs Power 5 teams only.

And you are talking about the worst decade in the history of the program too and comparing.

Last edited by Heath; 07-09-2021 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-09-2021, 09:36 AM   #65
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Now do records vs Power 5 teams only.

And you are talking about the word decade in the history of the program too and comparing.
Now do against teams that won the national championship.
Old 07-09-2021, 09:40 AM   #66
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
What else is there to do on day 20 of an Amazonian rain event in Houston?
Correct. Doesn't bother me at all.

Old 07-09-2021, 09:47 AM   #67
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
horn would have been here crowing had they lost to a team missing 4 or 5 starters….sooo.

Didn’t they? Wasn’t Colorado missing starters just like Texas was missing starters.

And then there was UGA in the Sugar, they were missing a couple dudes. Lol

I just hope Sark has an answer to the disaster
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Chad C; 07-09-2021 at 09:49 AM.
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #68
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Now do against teams that won the national championship.
Sure. Using the moving goal post dates you picked....

A&M is 1-5 vs teams that won a National Title that season

Texas is 0-1 vs teams that won a National Title that season

In common opponents in those years, (2019) LSU beat Texas 45-38 at the buzzer and LSU "smashed" A&M 50-7.

You will always have that regular season win over Bama to hang your Johnny Manizel hat on.
Old 07-09-2021, 09:55 AM   #69
Chad C
Pope & Young

Preseason all 12 team, the media adores this cyclones squad.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:01 AM   #70
Heath
Pope & Young

Makes me a little nervous only two Texas guys are on the list. I think the media has it picked correctly with OU - ISU - Texas finishing 1-2-3.

I do like the Texas players barking at ISU "5 Star Culture" T-shirts. Hopefully they can back up that bark with their play on the field vs ISU this year.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:09 AM   #71
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:

In common opponents in those years, (2019) LSU beat Texas 45-38 at the buzzer and LSU "smashed" A&M 50-7.

You will always have that regular season win over Bama to hang your Johnny Manizel hat on.
You started moving goal posts... You tried to use power 5 so I said why not just the top school in the country.... Why top 5? Why not too 10 or top 1? There is a trend and I'm sorry you T-sips want to ride the books of history to your programs grave! Aggies were irrelevant until we did something about it.. Kind of like that kid that use to get beat up in middle school before he hit puberty... Then he hit puberty went to high scholl started working out. Now every time the bully sees him he reminds him of how he use to kick his a** back in middle school before he grew up... There's a term for people who remember the good ol days because they aren't as good as they use to be.....
Old 07-09-2021, 10:10 AM   #72
Chad C
Pope & Young

https://twitter.com/max_olson/status...320055300?s=21

Old 07-09-2021, 10:12 AM   #73
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:

One more thing, you'll always have that national championship win to hang your vince young hat on....
Old 07-09-2021, 10:13 AM   #74
Chad C
Pope & Young

Mizzou has won the East twice since growing hair on their nuts.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:14 AM   #75
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
You started moving goal posts... You tried to use power 5 so I said why not just the top school in the country.... Why top 5? Why not too 10 or top 1? There is a trend and I'm sorry you T-sips want to ride the books of history to your programs grave! Aggies were irrelevant until we did something about it.. Kind of like that kid that use to get beat up in middle school before he hit puberty... Then he hit puberty went to high scholl started working out. Now every time the bully sees him he reminds him of how he use to kick his a** back in middle school before he grew up... There's a term for people who remember the good ol days because they aren't as good as they use to be.....
The reason the goal post were moved with Power 5 is that is a closer judge if you want to brag about W/L's. You add in all those lower level ball games and your stats get skewed if you wanted to compare.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:15 AM   #76
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
One more thing, you'll always have that national championship win to hang your vince young hat on....
The more you type, the better I look.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:18 AM   #77
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotx View Post
So with Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State locked in play offs for 2021-22 season the rest of the schools are competing for the 4 spot. I can only hope and pray my aggies sneak in.
I wouldn't be so quick to pencil Clemson in. They face UGA in week 1. I realize they can overcome an early loss (especially with their week-ish remaining schedule), but it's definitely not a given that they get in.

At this point I'd lean toward Bama, tOSU, Oklahoma as fairly heavy favorites. Clemson likely has the upper hand on the 4 spot (even with a loss to UGA - I still think they give the benefit to a conference champ) followed closely by Oregon and UGA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 10:20 AM   #78
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:
The more you type, the better I look.

Not really… you 2 look like high school chics trying to get the last word in.

Move on…
CoolHandLuke is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 10:24 AM   #79
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to pencil Clemson in. They face UGA in week 1. I realize they can overcome an early loss (especially with their week-ish remaining schedule), but it's definitely not a given that they get in.

At this point I'd lean toward Bama, tOSU, Oklahoma as fairly heavy favorites. Clemson likely has the upper hand on the 4 spot (even with a loss to UGA - I still think they give the benefit to a conference champ) followed closely by Oregon and UGA.
Clemson has been loading up on players the last couple of years. They lost a lot of production on the offense side of the ball, so it might take them a bit to get rolling. I don't think another team deserves to be in that spot until somebody steps up. Looks like UGA has that chance in week 1.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:24 AM   #80
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
The reason the goal post were moved with Power 5 is that is a closer judge if you want to brag about W/L's. You add in all those lower level ball games and your stats get skewed if you wanted to compare.
So the losses we have to real programs like LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Florida and Georgia mean more than yalls losses to UCLA, Iowa State, Kstate,Oklahoma State, West Virginia and Brigham Young University?
Old 07-09-2021, 10:27 AM   #81
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Dude. Y'all haven't even won your division of your conference or played in the conference championship game. Lol.

Slow ya roll.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:27 AM   #82
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
So the losses we have to real programs like LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Florida and Georgia mean more than yalls losses to UCLA, Iowa State, Kstate,Oklahoma State, West Virginia and Brigham Young University?

If that’s how you add value to your program, sure. Texas has played for two national titles in my lifetime. Hopefully Sark gets them back in THAT conversation.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:29 AM   #83
Rush2Judge
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wood County

I truly hope the pre-season smack is not representative of what will come in September.
Rush2Judge is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 10:29 AM   #84
El General
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke County

Quote:
Makes me a little nervous only two Texas guys are on the list. I think the media has it picked correctly with OU - ISU - Texas finishing 1-2-3.

I do like the Texas players barking at ISU "5 Star Culture" T-shirts. Hopefully they can back up that bark with their play on the field vs ISU this year.
Texas is 118 out of 127 FBS teams in returning production per Bill Connelly. And, the beat writers generally anoint upper classmen from the teams that win often.

I'm not saying that there should necessarily be more Texas kids in there, but that ain't the 25 or so best football players in the Big 12.
El General is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 10:30 AM   #85
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
If that’s how you add value to your program, sure. Texas has played for two national titles in my lifetime. Hopefully Sark gets them back in THAT conversation.

This was my point all along. Hopefully for ya'lls sake he gets you back to being a decent program but I think it's more than a coach.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:30 AM   #86
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:

Welcome Newbie....I see you will fit right in here cutting your teeth regurgitating stuff that has been discussed here ad nauseam trying to set us all straight. You realize that we have been hashing this **** out for 15 plus years right?

Hell if we played 2-3 D-2 teams a year, Texas would have a similar record even in its worst stretch on record.. Pretty sure the talk last year before season and before you appearing, was that if A&M was going to win something that the schedule was lined up for the taking last year... ....congratulations on taking advantage of it and getting your 4th place trophy for the "Hall of Champions". Glad to see A&M win yall "something" in a down SEC year...
Old 07-09-2021, 10:32 AM   #87
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
You lost to 1/2 of those teams on your list during your time period that are not real programs.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:32 AM   #88
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Dude. Y'all haven't even won your division of your conference or played in the conference championship game. Lol.

Slow ya roll.

Ever heard of a guy named Nick Saban? Or a school called the Crimson Tide?
Old 07-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #89
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

LSU found a way.

Point being y'all haven't won anything yet to be bowing your chest out about.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-09-2021 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #90
Chad C
Pope & Young

There’s a bully or two in every conference.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:42 AM   #91
.243 WSSM
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin Co

Quote:
Preseason all 12 team, the media adores this cyclones squad.

LOL at omitting Zevans. Great listing of paper tigers. Proof is in the pudding come September. Put up or shut up.
.243 WSSM is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 10:52 AM   #92
El General
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke County

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
LOL at omitting Zevans. Great listing of paper tigers. Proof is in the pudding come September. Put up or shut up.
Who is Zevans?
El General is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 10:56 AM   #93
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by El General View Post
Who is Zevans?

Zach Evans I would imagine
Old 07-09-2021, 11:23 AM   #94
.243 WSSM
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin Co

Quote:
Zach Evans I would imagine
Yessir. You are livin up to your namesake.
.243 WSSM is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 11:23 AM   #95
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Welcome Newbie....I see you will fit right in here cutting your teeth regurgitating stuff that has been discussed here ad nauseam trying to set us all straight. You realize that we have been hashing this **** out for 15 plus years right?

Hell if we played 2-3 D-2 teams a year, Texas would have a similar record even in its worst stretch on record.. Pretty sure the talk last year before season and before you appearing, was that if A&M was going to win something that the schedule was lined up for the taking last year... ....congratulations on taking advantage of it and getting your 4th place trophy for the "Hall of Champions". Glad to see A&M win yall "something" in a down SEC year...
I'll leave this here for all you sips who think it's still 2005...
Since 2010 the following is a list of the number of players drafted into the NFL by conference.

SEC. BIG 12

2021 65 22

2020. 63 21

2019. 64 26

2018. 65 22

2017. 53 14

2016. 51 26

2015. 54 25

2014. 49 16

2013. 63 22

2012. 42 26

2011. 38 30

2010. 49 30

I know what these numbers show. They are pretty self explanatory actually...

SEC has sent 656 players to the NFL while big 12 has sent 280!

Last edited by c3products20; 07-09-2021 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:26 AM   #96
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
I'll leave this here for all you sips who think it's still 2005...
Since 2010 the following is a list of the number of players drafted into the NFL by conference.

SEC. BIG 12

2021 65 22

2020. 63 21

2019. 64 26

2018. 65 22

2017. 53 14

2016. 51 26

2015. 54 25

2014. 49 16

2013. 63 22

2012. 42 26

2011. 38 30

2010. 49 30

I know what these numbers show. They are pretty self explanatory actually...

You’re really breaking news here, Chief....

Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 11:27 AM   #97
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
You’re really breaking news here, Chief....

I know it I'm bored! Lmao
Old 07-09-2021, 11:30 AM   #98
RaginCagin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Louisiana

Ragin Cajuns will start the year off 1-0 in Austin.
RaginCagin is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 11:32 AM   #99
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Didn’t they? Wasn’t Colorado missing starters just like Texas was missing starters.

And then there was UGA in the Sugar, they were missing a couple dudes. Lol

I just hope Sark has an answer to the disaster
Crowing about Aggie losing to a team that was missing 4-5 starters...
oktx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 11:33 AM   #100
ladrones
Pope & Young

Lots of positive Ricky Williams news since the sprinter got banned from the olympics.
ladrones is offline   Back To The Top
Closed Thread