Trad goals and hopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad goals and hopes

Scott use to do this each January and last year we missed it. But we have some new shooters coming in, many new posters in the kill section and I'm sure more new shooters on the way.

I really only have one goal right now. To buy a lighter bow and shoot more. Work on my form and release and build back up my mid back from the issues of the last year.

Also I plan to work a little less and bow hunt pigs more up until it gets hot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Get deer stands moved into ideal locations for a 12-15 yd shot on a deer. And then successfully arrow a deer! Many close encounters from the ground, but swirling wind and/or too much movement negated any kills this first year... (This bowhunting thing is much harder than rifle hunting.)

Comment

Started shooting my recurve again. Plan to arrow a javi soon.

Comment

1) Work on point on aim form coinciding with building a slightly longer arrow
        2) buy an offset and straight fletcher and fletch accordingly
        3) what PJ said too

Comment

Got my first animal with traditional this deer season, My goal for 2021 is to continue learning, practice, practice, practice, continue having fun. May try to build me a pit blind this year, cant stand popups and that tree gets cold in December.

Comment

No goals. I'll play with my bows daily. I may actually build a riser this year. I have several extra sets of limbs that I would like to bolt up to something. It would be cool to build a riser that I could adjust the departure angle to change draw weight. I guess that I'm never going to reach expert level, so I might as well just tinker and play.

Comment

I shot my first two deer with archery equipment this season. Two nice, mature, bucks. Both with compound equipment. I've recently picked up the Black Widow again. Got some arrows set up and they're flying true. Going to work on my form and consistency and try to kill some stuff with the traditional gear this year. Time will tell the tale.

Comment

I haven't been posting much, because I've been busy, but I'm shooting again. Most of you know I had gotten into trad pretty seriously...then I had an injury, then about the time I recovered I ran for Sheriff and didn't have time to shoot, then I started shooting again after my campaign and got a finger injury...the whole time I was killing stuff with my compound but not really shooting my trad bows. But I'm back at it now. We have a hunt coming up next weekend so hopefully I'll draw some blood. My goals for this year are just to keep shooting, have fun, make some 3D shoots and get back where I was before. Happy New Year!!

Comment

To be able to shoot in March at a Javelina hunt. I came down with Shingles in November, in my left arm and hand. I lost feeling in my hand and lost strength in my arm. I have been improving some. Have no feeling in my last two fingers an in hand. I have been using one of the rubber band things to get some strength back.
                  I have started to slowly pull a 30# recurve back with some improvement. I can pull a 40# back almost all the way back. Making progress.
                  If you haven't, GET YOUR SHINGLES shot. Pain, tingling and numbness can last a lifetime.

Comment

My biggest goals are to work on my form a lot more. And I’d like to stick a pig or turkey before deer season. I picked up a recurve late into this deer season but I feel I’m catching on quicker than I thought I would.

Comment

Saying a prayer for a full recovery White Falcon.

Comment

Thanks, Gerald!

Comment

I really only have one goal right now. To buy a lighter bow and shoot more. Work on my form and release and build back up my mid back from the issues of the last year.

Also I plan to work a little less and bow hunt pigs more up until it gets hot.

You and I have the same goals!
                          If anyone in the area wants to get together for range time, I shoot at a club in Mansfield. I would love some positive motivation and company.
                          Good luck to you all.
                          Bert

Comment

Kill a buck on my own property. Didn't even hunt on my own property this year because of moving 40 years of welding shop and building living quarters and new shop. New house starts in a month on the 223 acres and it's just killed me that I did not hunt on it this year.

Comment

Well we are halfway through the year and only 3 months from deer season so I thought I'd roll this back up. Maybe some of the newer shooters have something to chime in with.
                              At this point I'm trying to shoot with disgruntled shoulders. No new injuries but arthritis and inflammation are making it less than comfortable to shoot. So I ordered a third set of limbs for my Primal Tech 10lbs lighter so I can shoot more often and with more repetition and hopefully enjoy practice a little more.
                              That said the few shots a week I'm shooting are going where they need to be. Randy did an outstanding job refitting the grip for my hand and it just shoots. I liked it before. Now it's just an extension of my hand and arm.

Comment

Working...
                              X