Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2021, 11:56 AM   #1
Tbull9
Six Point
 
Tbull9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Crawford Tx
Hunt In: Crawford, Brownwood
Default Best timer for protein feeder.

Iím looking for a timer for a protein feeder. What do yíall recommend. I have looked at the hammer timer but donít know anything about them. TIA
Tbull9 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 01:24 PM   #2
day0082
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Default

I use this,

https://shop.lamcofeeders.com/collec...00-lb-capacity
day0082 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 02:21 PM   #3
dgilbert
Ten Point
 
dgilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Granbury
Hunt In: Coke Co
Default

It doesn't take a special timer, but I use the timer on everything.
dgilbert is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 02:42 PM   #4
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbull9 View Post
Iím looking for a timer for a protein feeder. What do yíall recommend. I have looked at the hammer timer but donít know anything about them. TIA

The hammer is more than a timer. It's timed protein system. If you don't have a timed protein feeder like a Lamco or All Seasons Unit and want to make your own free choice feeder a timed feeder then I'd go with the Hammer.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 07:54 PM   #5
Tbull9
Six Point
 
Tbull9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Crawford Tx
Hunt In: Crawford, Brownwood
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
The hammer is more than a timer. It's timed protein system. If you don't have a timed protein feeder like a Lamco or All Seasons Unit and want to make your own free choice feeder a timed feeder then I'd go with the Hammer.
Sorry I wasent clear on that. I have a 2k pound gravity feeder and am wanting to add a timer.
Tbull9 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 08:12 PM   #6
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbull9 View Post
Sorry I wasent clear on that. I have a 2k pound gravity feeder and am wanting to add a timer.



Hammer should be your man then... unless your feeder has their own in house conversion...and even then hammer seems to be superior.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com