Salvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
    God is not in control of the world satan is its evident the Bible tells us at 1 John 5:19 and Revelation 12:12 unfortunately a lot of well meaning folks loose sight of this and propagate misnomers.I understand you Playa it’s hard to see through the smoke at a lot of religions seem to make it worse.One thing I did was really really investigated the Bible and it’s accuracy,not that I wanted to prove it wrong but if I was going to hang my hat on it I wanted to know I could count on it.And dang it the more I dug and put pressure on it,it came up accurate.Historically,scientifically,medicaly,mora lly,genealogically I couldn’t believe just how legitimate it was.In my observations the Bible is the only book that you can apply everything it says and do you no harm,no other book I’ve read can I say that about.Once I was able to put trust in the Bible and it’s author then I had something to put trust in.I really came to believe we had a creator who cares for us knows the stars of the heaven the hair on our head and when a sparrow fails to the ground.Having trust in the Bible allows me to use it as a tool to draw close to God but measure myself and any other knuckle head that wants to preach at me or tell me a version.I have seen 1 Tim 3:16;17 fulfilled lots of times All scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching and setting things straight.I’m thankful I was able to prove the scriptures true to myself It has given me confidence in Jehovah God and Jesus saving power and the ability to see false beliefs a mile away.
    Powerful stuff here, a strong look into Christian apologetics is important for a lot of people for establishing faith. The deeper you look the more you can realize from historical and scientific evidences that the bible is TRUTH. In my college years I got obsessed for a while with all the different topics like what about dinosaurs?, carbon dating, references of Jesus outside the Bible, ect.....
    While I may not agree with everything they preach this website
    Looking for answers? Discover engaging, topical information on creation, evolution, God, the Bible, science, age of the earth, animals, worldview, and more.

is a great place to those start researching those of topics.

Comment

I as a father could not condemn my child to eternal ****ation. But if my child decided to live a life as a pedophile, or murdering rapist, etc, I would not allow him in my house and would disassociate myself from him. The choice to be put in the position to be separated from me would be his in choosing that path.
      I don't think God "condemns" anyone to hell. If we choose not to accept the gift of salvation, deny Him and walk away from Him, we are choosing the consequences of those actions.
      I don't know what Hell will be anymore than what Heaven will be. The word is kinda vague on all of that and perhaps it is something we can't comprehend.
      However God created us to have a carnal nature. He created us with the capacity to sin so how can He condemn us for succumbing to that nature? He created us to need Him, to need His presence in our life. Sin separates, the Savior bridges the gap.
      Personally I don't see hell as a place of fire and brimstone. I see it a total separation from God which will torture our spirits as we were created to be with Him.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        I as a father could not condemn my child to eternal ****ation. But if my child decided to live a life as a pedophile, or murdering rapist, etc, I would not allow him in my house and would disassociate myself from him. The choice to be put in the position to be separated from me would be his in choosing that path.
        I don't think God "condemns" anyone to hell. If we choose not to accept the gift of salvation, deny Him and walk away from Him, we are choosing the consequences of those actions.
        I don't know what Hell will be anymore than what Heaven will be. The word is kinda vague on all of that and perhaps it is something we can't comprehend.
        However God created us to have a carnal nature. He created us with the capacity to sin so how can He condemn us for succumbing to that nature? He created us to need Him, to need His presence in our life. Sin separates, the Savior bridges the gap.
        Personally I don't see hell as a place of fire and brimstone. I see it a total separation from God which will torture our spirits as we were created to be with Him.
        Great way to put it.

Comment

He didnt create us with a Carnal Nature. He created Adam and Eve in the garden. They made a choice to sin but that choice had to be available for them to make as well as the right choice. God created perfection. Man screwed it up.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
            He didnt create us with a Carnal Nature. He created Adam and Eve in the garden. They made a choice to sin but that choice had to be available for them to make as well as the right choice. God created perfection. Man screwed it up.
            Man screwed it up because of his carnal nature.
            God created us with the capacity for sin. Fact.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Jesus had the same nature but didn't do it. God did not create our sin nature, man did that, not God. God created Adam and Eve perfect, they chose to sin. So you could say that God created us with the ability to choose to sin.. They had to have the choice or else it wouldn't of been a loving relationship with God. You can't really choose someone/love someone if there isn't another option.

Comment

Jesus had the same nature but didn't do it. God did not create our sin nature, man did that, not God. God created Adam and Eve perfect, they chose to sin. So you could say that God created us with the ability to choose to sin.. They had to have the choice or else it wouldn't of been a loving relationship with God. You can't really choose someone/love someone if there isn't another option.
                Jesus was God incarnate. Not simply human. Did He feel hunger? Lust? Anger? I'd say definitely. But He had a different power within Him, a different knowledge and understanding within Him. He is the creator of it all and master of it all.
                It would be ignorant to believe God held Adam and Eve to His own standards for God. After all if we are created exactly as He, we would be gods. We are just a reflection.

Comment

Jesus was God incarnate. Not simply human. Did He feel hunger? Lust? Anger? I'd say definitely. But He had a different power within Him, a different knowledge and understanding within Him. He is the creator of it all and master of it all.
                  It would be ignorant to believe God held Adam and Eve to His own standards for God. After all if we are created exactly as He, we would be gods. We are just a reflection.

If Jesus wasn't able to sin then why was He led into the wilderness to be tempted? Why did the Holy Spirit "prep" him for 40 days before satan tempted him?

Comment

So you think God set man up to fail? That doesn't seem like a very intelligent thing to do...

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      We are Gods creation. He gave us a free will to choose eternal life or death. Adam and Eve chose death. Then God the Father sent his Son Jesus to make a way of escape. He died in our place to free those who repent from eternal death.

We are his creation but NOT his children until we receive the blood of Jesus into our life. Then we become joint heirs with Jesus Christ.

Dont fool yourself, you are doomed to hell and eternal death unless you repent and accept the sacrifice.

This.

Also the Bible says that god reveals himself in some way to everyone, they have free will to accept it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So you think God set man up to fail? That doesn't seem like a very intelligent thing to do...
                        I don't think you can separate the set up for failure from set up to succeed.
                        For what God created us for, relationships, there is always the possibility of it going well or failing. Or either at any time.
                        He created us to need that relationship. When we deny that, when self or the world is before Him, that is how we separate ourselves.
                        I don't think God is liable for the fall of man but I do believe He understands how and why and made the greatest reach to fix the fall. If He didn't feel love and responsibility He would have just snuffed us out.

Comment

Eve, Adam, everyone, and even Jesus has been tempted by 'the great deceiver', Satan. Only one was perfect and 'without sin'. He is the only one that is able to make the perfect sacrifice for our sins before God who cannot look on sin.

Comment

If Jesus wasn't able to sin then why was He led into the wilderness to be tempted? Why did the Holy Spirit "prep" him for 40 days before satan tempted him?
                            To prove to Satan He was God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                              Eve, Adam, everyone, and even Jesus has been tempted by 'the great deceiver', Satan. Only one was perfect and 'without sin'. He is the only one that is able to make the perfect sacrifice for our sins before God who cannot look on sin.
                              See post #52

Comment

Concerning hell, there is a well done video on youtube. The Beat with Alan Parr
                                'The Three Parts of Hell explained in 15 Minutes. It will clear up a lot of the misconceptions that I've been reading here. Everything he brings out has a solid scriptural basis.

I followed the other thread then jumped to this one, and I'm trying to keep up. It has been a great blessing to see people talk about God, Jesus, and the Word in a civil way and out of love for each other's benefit. This is the sanctification, or growth part of being a believer. It will be a never ending process until we receive our glorified bodies.

Love GOD--Love People

Comment

Working...
                                X