Total Knee Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
    Good luck. Had left knee partial replacement in 2007. 7-days in hospital, out 2, back for check-up and admitted thru ER because it wasn't draining and healing properly for 7 more days. Out 2 more weeks and back in for 7 more days because contracted MSRA. Still have dead nerves on left side of knee.

But, hey, it all worked out. And morphine was my friend.[emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    I remember this. Daily IV infusions in deer camp. It got you out of doing camp chores that year LOL! I think I even had to load and clean a deer for you that year.
    Seriously though, you had heck with it but I'm sure it was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
      I remember this. Daily IV infusions in deer camp. It got you out of doing camp chores that year LOL! I think I even had to load and clean a deer for you that year.

Seriously though, you had heck with it but I'm sure it was worth it.
      That is true, and you find out what good friends you have....Mike drove me to my stand, helped me up and then came back for me at dark when I told him I had a "spike" on the ground. There was a little mumbling under his breath, but spike turned out to be about a 130" deer, so he didn't mind so much afterwards field dressing it under my watchful eye, as I hooked up to another round of "drip, drip" IV antibiotics.

Comment

Surgery scheduled for July 23. Using Mako Robotics for the procedure.

Like some others have said- DON'T watch the dang videos!

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
          Doctor said both knees shot and he could do them at same time , but I elected to have the worse one done. Let’s see how that goes.
          I only did them both because I didn’t have a leg to stand on!

I Definitely would not advise DTKR’s!

Comment

I had a total replacement 3 months ago I'm doing all my own yard work and pretty much anything else I want to now; but to be totally honest, those first few weeks sucked, for lack of a better term

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
              That is true, and you find out what good friends you have....Mike drove me to my stand, helped me up and then came back for me at dark when I told him I had a "spike" on the ground. There was a little mumbling under his breath, but spike turned out to be about a 130" deer, so he didn't mind so much afterwards field dressing it under my watchful eye, as I hooked up to another round of "drip, drip" IV antibiotics.

Good times for sure!

Comment

Yeah I'm not far out from it and have watched a couple of actual videos of the procedure.
                Doesn't bother me but I know my days of working in my knees doing decking will be over so I'll deal with the pain as long as I can.
                Good luck on the surgery. I'm sure it will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

You got this Mike. No problem. And you have a great support system at home too. A whole lot to look forward to as well. If anyone can make this look easy, it's you.

But if you don't make it can I have your rods 'n reels?

Comment

Kevin you always want my stuff. Let me just invade you into my will, that way Ryland & Landon won’t come looking for you. Text me y’alls Alaska dates.

Comment

You’re gonna be glad you did it. I was nervous as Heck on the first one and never thought twice about the second. Are you having it done in Corpus? I had Dr. Justin Klemish and he and his staff are great. Good luck

Comment

Yep, Klemish.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mathews View Post
                          You’re gonna be glad you did it. I was nervous as Heck on the first one and never thought twice about the second. Are you having it done in Corpus? I had Dr. Justin Klemish and he and his staff are great. Good luck
                          I have to agree...

Comment

December I helped my younger brother go through that... now I'm waiting for an MRI next week to see what's going on in my knee.. sure not looking forward to it. Hard to make knives on on leg.

Comment

My wife had her first knee replacement in 2019 and her second May 17 (as outpatient surgery), and she has done so much better this time. She was walking on just a cane within 3 weeks and driving in week 4. From a caregiver’s perspective, “who” you get for PT makes a huge difference in how you progress. My wife had a woman the first time that wasn’t aggressive, and this time she had a hilarious and energetic man that pushed her to get better and made it enjoyable.
                              This time my wife started riding a stationary bike about 30 minutes 3 times a day after week 3 post surgery, and it’s made a huge difference too.

Comment

Working...
                              X