Grand Canyon National Park Bison Hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
    I put in. To camp in the Grand Canyon, cull, and take home bison will be an incredible experience. Packing out a bison by foot? No problem, I train rigorously 5-6 days a week.
    My thoughts exactly. I train for this!!! You are allowed to bring one person (Non hunter) to help you with the process!

Comment

The shooter proficiency requirements

“3 out of 5 shots in a 4” group at 100 yards”

I could do that with my bow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't think I could or even want to pack out a bison but wonder if you could rent pack horses and utilize them?

Comment

No horses allowed for packing out.

Wondering, your training involves steep terrain, heat and heavy pack loads? Bull bison are huge. How will you keep the meat cool in the field while packing out other parts.
          Dealt with 3 cow bison and I would not pack one out on foot from anywhere.

Good luck guys !

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
            I put in. To camp in the Grand Canyon, cull, and take home bison will be an incredible experience. Packing out a bison by foot? No problem, I train rigorously 5-6 days a week.
            Strong like bull

Comment

45,000 applicants.
              Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Comment

Just seeing this. No mules or horses for packing? Sounds like one helluva adventure. My bison was huuuuuge!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

The successful applicants are supposed to be notified today. A pool of 25 will be selected first, and then 12 folks from that pool will be chosen. Not sure how they whittle down the final 12...

Anybody received an email yet!?!? Count me in as one of your 3-5 support volunteers if you get picked! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if the whole hunt gets scraped. Lot's of push back from non-hunters right now.

Good luck to those who applied!

Comment

Any finalists in the tbh ranks?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X