No announcement yet.

Chandeleur Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philip, put me in the list of very interested to pretty much, I’ll go if you allow me.

Let us know what is involved in costs, typical itenerary, etc.

I only have one commitment in Sept. I can not get out of.

If there is a grill, I’ll even bring a ribeye you can steal.
    Last edited by Greenheadless; 12-21-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I’ve got a kid due around the end of August. I’ll try to work on a kitchen pass. I’ve been wanting to make this trip for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
        Philip, put me in the list of very interested to pretty much, I’ll go if you allow me.

Let us know what is involved in costs, typical itenerary, etc.

I only have one commitment in Sept. I can not get out of.

If there is a grill, I’ll even bring a ribeye you can steal.
        Cost is $675/person for 10 of us plus tip for the deckhands, I’d say $100 for each of them. They do a bunch from cooking to cleaning your fish. All meals and drinks besides alcohol are provided. The food they cooked was good and they grilled us some nice ribeyes one night also. They clean and bag all your fish. Tackle isn’t provided, I’d bring lots of jig heads and plastics, extra rod and reel or two. I thought I had plenty of lures but I ran out. Lol. I’m waiting for a call back from the captain to figure dates out. I imagine it’ll be after the first of the year before I get dates. Once I’ll get dates I’ll get in touch with the people who were interested. But yeah you’re more than welcome to join us.
        Last edited by panhandlehunter; 12-21-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Cost is $675/person for 10 of us plus tip for the deckhands, I’d say $100 for each of them. They do a bunch from cooking to cleaning your fish. All meals and drinks besides alcohol are provided. The food they cooked was good and they grilled us some nice ribeyes one night also. They clean and bag all your fish. Tackle isn’t provided, I’d bring lots of jig heads and plastics, extra rod and reel or two. I thought I had plenty of lures but I ran out. Lol. I’m waiting for a call back from the captain to figure dates out. I imagine it’ll be after the first of the year before I get dates. Once I’ll get dates I’ll get in touch with the people who were interested. But yeah you’re more than welcome to join us.
          That's a good deal! Do yall ever beach the boats and fish the surf or the guts? I did the trip I went on and had a blast! Just got to pay attention to all those sharks. Good times!!!

Comment

Put me on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boat leaves out of Biloxi right behind the Golden Nugget.
              Thats about three miles from my house. Hopefully we can get something together the night before or something.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                That's a good deal! Do yall ever beach the boats and fish the surf or the guts? I did the trip I went on and had a blast! Just got to pay attention to all those sharks. Good times!!!
                When we went the surf was rough but you if the surf is good then you can fish it. Sharks didn’t bother us wading, the guys that drifted had problems with sharks stealing fish. It was my first trip, and it was amazing. It’s a trip I will make every year.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                  Thats about three miles from my house. Hopefully we can get something together the night before or something.
                  How did you end up there? The last day when the boat comes in, we should be at the dock around 6 or so. We’ll spend the night there and leave the next morning so there will be time. Hell, you could just come hang out on the boat.

Comment

sounds like a fun trip

Comment

How did you end up there? The last day when the boat comes in, we should be at the dock around 6 or so. We’ll spend the night there and leave the next morning so there will be time. Hell, you could just come hang out on the boat.

I’m stationed out here with the Coast Guard.
                      We’ll figure something out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

When we went the surf was rough but you if the surf is good then you can fish it. Sharks didn’t bother us wading, the guys that drifted had problems with sharks stealing fish. It was my first trip, and it was amazing. It’s a trip I will make every year.
                        There were some big sharks in those guts. I had multiple big reds get sliced in half bringing them in. I had a bunch of pictures from that trip but Harvey ruined all of them.

Your right it's a cool place. I've always wanted to get back out there.

Comment

Put me on the list this year. Plus one or how ever many you need

Comment

I’m interested as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                              There were some big sharks in those guts. I had multiple big reds get sliced in half bringing them in. I had a bunch of pictures from that trip but Harvey ruined all of them.

Your right it's a cool place. I've always wanted to get back out there.
                              Come on, Doug! It's a blast! Hands down the best trout fishing I ever experienced.

Comment

I'd be interested in going with y'all in August if the dates work out. Sounds like you won't have any trouble filling spots this time. Just like our tuna trip though, I know absolutely nothing about catching these fish

I did enjoy going with y'all, learning, and trying to catch a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X