.270 Bolt gun suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.270 Bolt gun suppressor

I have a few yhm cans for 5.56 but want to thread one of my 270s for a suppressor. What do any of you guys run on bolt guns and more specifically a 270?

I’d do any light weight .308 can. Biggest you can for most volume to reduce noise

Comment

I run a griffin recce 7 on my custom 30-06. It's an awesome can for the money just sometimes a little hard to find taper mount muzzle brakes for it compared to some of the other big name companies

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at Texas silencer company website

Comment

Do you guys just have the barrel threaded?

Comment

Originally posted by RWNJRB View Post
            Look at Texas silencer company website

Thank you! I’m calling them to get more info.

Comment

Any quality 30 cal can will do fine.

Hit up a GOOD dealer. I’m a fan of the dead air nomad. The Ti version would be a good choice. A heavy can on a thin barrel is usually a bad idea.

Yes just get the barrel threaded. If it’s a thin barrel please discuss with the person that’s threading it if your intended use to make sure you have enough shoulder to mount against.

2 options there. 1 run a thread adapter if they can’t thread your barrel 5/8. Or 2, buy a can that has different mounts for different thread pitches. Harvester. Omega. Nomad. Etc. I’m sure there’s a lot of options. I haven’t kept up with them.

Buy right the first time. Take your time. It’ll be yours forever. No a form 1 can isn’t as good as the higher end cans on the market. The little bit of extra wait time is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Any quality 30 cal can will do fine.

Hit up a GOOD dealer. I’m a fan of the dead air nomad. The Ti version would be a good choice. A heavy can on a thin barrel is usually a bad idea.

Yes just get the barrel threaded. If it’s a thin barrel please discuss with the person that’s threading it if your intended use to make sure you have enough shoulder to mount against.

2 options there. 1 run a thread adapter if they can’t thread your barrel 5/8. Or 2, buy a can that has different mounts for different thread pitches. Harvester. Omega. Nomad. Etc. I’m sure there’s a lot of options. I haven’t kept up with them.

Buy right the first time. Take your time. It’ll be yours forever. No a form 1 can isn’t as good as the higher end cans on the market. The little bit of extra wait time is worth it.

Thank you[emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                  Do you guys just have the barrel threaded?
                  Depends on the barrel and what suppressor your getting. If it’s a thin pencil barrel they’d have to cut enough barrel off to have some metal to thread. For a couple of my guns I can’t get threaded because I’d lose too much barrel length.

I also didn’t want to risk messing up my sub moa gun by cutting 4” off of it, then hoping it would still shoot great. For as little as I shoot it, it wasn’t worth the risk.

Any new guns I get have to be threaded from the factory.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
                    Depends on the barrel and what suppressor your getting. If it’s a thin pencil barrel they’d have to cut enough barrel off to have some metal to thread. For a couple of my guns I can’t get threaded because I’d lose too much barrel length.

I also didn’t want to risk messing up my sub moa gun by cutting 4” off of it, then hoping it would still shoot great. For as little as I shoot it, it wasn’t worth the risk.

Jason Slocum

After looking at the guns and not wanting to cut the barrels I’ve been reading on the browning hells canyon suppressor ready guns. It will eventually be for my daughter but really wanted to give her a hand me down as my dad did a good job collecting quality guns. I definitely will not be cutting and threading the colt sauer sporter.

Comment

Suppressor made all the difference with my daughter. She instantly began hitting the mark, it was worth the wait and money for me. Same here buy threaded. I have a Savage Stevens 200 270 which I want threaded but not sure if the barrel can be threaded

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post

Jason Slocum
                        The only thing you’ll lose with a properly cut barrel is velocity. Unless the smith is incompetent then his crown job could lose you some accuracy. In that case a new crown would be all you’d need to gain accuracy back.

Comment

i have a remington 243 i got threaded .. barrel was too thin to thread 5/8x24 and i didn't want to cut it down , so i went 1/2x28 and then used an adapter to 5/8x24 ... i'll do a youtube video on it in the near future ... it sounds so quiet! one thing to note , if you go 270 , i would use a can rated for 300 win mag .. 270 burns quite a bit more powder than 308 . it will perform better in a can designed for 300 win mag powder volume, then one only rated to 308. i have a friend that for some reason prefers short cans .. he still has to wear ear pro... i personally don't see the point ... convenience vs performance ..

then again my 556 "hunting " gun ar15 is 20" while all the gi joes go 14.5 or even less with a brace then wonder why things run off .. then blame the caliber ...

cutting a 270 down is a mistake ... same as 243 ... slow burning powder need long barrels
                          just my opinion ...

Comment

Working...
                          X