Taurus Revolvers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taurus Revolvers

Are they any good? I’ve never been a bargain shopper on guns but the tracker models have caught my eye. Looking at the smith 629 v Comp but then saw the tracker at $1k cheaper. Will be a woods carry gun not a investment so it got me thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never had any trouble with any of them .

Comment

I have several Taurus semi autos with no problems- I would think the revolvers would be the same

Comment

I've had no problems with Taurus Revolvers or Pistols. They kind of look like a S & W... I asked an Old School Gunsmith a couple of years ago before he retired ...Someone from their plant went to Brazil and started working for them ..

Comment

I've been looking at the model 44 in 6.5" barrel. Just over $500 is hard to beat. I have a few other Taurus and the always go bang when I pull the trigger.

Comment

I just bought a Raging Bull off gun broker in .44 waiting on it to come in the mail. im very excited for it. have a few buddies with Judges and other Taurus wheel guns and they love em. hopefully i get mine soon. dang roni has got shipping delayed atleast 3 weeks they said.

Comment

So Tracker vs Raging hunter- what am I getting for the extra Money besides one more round?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                So Tracker vs Raging hunter- what am I getting for the extra Money besides one more round?
                the raging hunter comes with the 6 shot capacity and is optic ready. i dont thing the tracker as a rail already installed.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Liking the smaller frame and slightly lighter weight. Just might end up with a tracker pretty soon

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                    Thanks everyone. Liking the smaller frame and slightly lighter weight. Just might end up with a tracker pretty soon
                    sweet! hope you are able to find what you are looking for! thoughts on caliber?
                    Last edited by TxSon1836; 05-14-2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I have a Judge and have really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                        sweet! hope you are able to find what you are looking for! thoughts on caliber?
                        Leaning 44 mag. Thinking I can shoot 44 special for fun but have some serious punch when needed. Wanting a woods carry gun primarily and figure 44 should stop a pig fairly efficiently.

Comment

I wouldn't Taurus

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                            I wouldn't Taurus
                            ?????? Do you have a testimony you'd like to share to go along with that?

Comment

Ive had some Taurus revolvers and a PT111 G2 and all have gone bang every time. No failures. I wouldn't hesitate to get another for the right price. That being said there have been some issues in the past with some of their firearms but I think they've stepped up their game in the last yr or two. They aren't high end but that doesn't mean they aren't good. They have their place as does any other firearm. If you don't like it, someone will buy it from you I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X