No announcement yet.

Weboost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have internet, but no cell service, look at a Network Extender. We have one in our cabin in the Adirondacks and it give use cell service.

Comment

Originally posted by waterspiderpd27 View Post
      The largest one for homes sold at Best Buy was around $550 and is a total game changer for our camphouse.
      I just installed that one in my barndo which is 4000 sq ft. I went from only having one bar if that in a window to having 3-4 bars depending where I am in the house. I call it a success! Now trying to find a rural internet provider which I am finding out it very very limited.

Comment

Did y'all do the Vehicle install yourself or have it done at a shop?

Comment

To add my wife ended up buying the home kit thats supposed to be good for 1200sqft. It took zero service and gave us 2 bars of 4g at the lake. Plenty to make calls, text etc. The only down side is theres still not service when you step out of the shop where the antenna is

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            To add my wife ended up buying the home kit thats supposed to be good for 1200sqft. It took zero service and gave us 2 bars of 4g at the lake. Plenty to make calls, text etc. The only down side is theres still not service when you step out of the shop where the antenna is

Is the building metal? Ours lease cabin is the same unless you stand at the door outside and the signal shoots through the wooden door.

Last I checked they made an add-on expansion kit past the booster with a splitter where you can run another panel antenna outside and boost around it. We have thought about it but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Would be nice to have better signal around the fire in case somebody calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Is the building metal? Ours lease cabin is the same unless you stand at the door outside and the signal shoots through the wooden door.

Last I checked they made an add-on expansion kit past the booster with a splitter where you can run another panel antenna outside and boost around it. We have thought about it but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Would be nice to have better signal around the fire in case somebody calls.
              I have mine a 30x40 wood frame metal skinned shop. The receiving antenna is on the far corner of a 10 foot lean 2. I have the other antenna smack dab in the middle of the opposite 40' wall. Service is good inside the shop and inside a travel trailer. On the lean to/porch area near the receiver, zero service. But, you had to hop on one leg and pray anywhere before. Im happy with it and may even be able to get it 'tuned' better if I could figger out where the closest cell tower is

Comment

I have mine a 30x40 wood frame metal skinned shop. The receiving antenna is on the far corner of a 10 foot lean 2. I have the other antenna smack dab in the middle of the opposite 40' wall. Service is good inside the shop and inside a travel trailer. On the lean to/porch area near the receiver, zero service. But, you had to hop on one leg and pray anywhere before. Im happy with it and may even be able to get it 'tuned' better if I could figger out where the closest cell tower is

Are you hoping you are going to get signal off the outside antenna in the lean-to? The outside antenna does nothing but send signal to the booster and the booster routes it out the panel antennas for our use. The big receiver yagi antenna sits right over our porch and does nothing for us there unfortunately. My cabin is skinned with metal Rpanel as well. The same reason we couldn't get signal inside before the booster is the same reason we can't get signal outside from the booster inside. The metal is a signal killer. If I'm preaching to the choir....stop me...

Click image for larger version

Name:	cell booster 2015a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	24624305

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Are you hoping you are going to get signal off the outside antenna in the lean-to? The outside antenna does nothing but send signal to the booster and the booster routes it out the panel antennas for our use. The big receiver yagi antenna sits right over our porch and does nothing for us there unfortunately. My cabin is skinned with metal Rpanel as well. The same reason we couldn't get signal inside before the booster is the same reason we can't get signal outside from the booster inside. The metal is a signal killer. If I'm preaching to the choir....stop me...

[ATTACH]1010849[/ATTACH]
                  Yea, I get all that but I dont sing.

The instructions, which I skimmed over, mentioned aiming the outside antenna to a cell tower. Of course all the sites it mentioned to locate one didnt really help. The other option was using your phone to figure out where the signal was best. But how would one see that when signal was zero.

Like I said its good to go but it may be better if I mess with it

Comment

Yea, I get all that but I dont sing.

The instructions, which I skimmed over, mentioned aiming the outside antenna to a cell tower. Of course all the sites it mentioned to locate one didnt really help. The other option was using your phone to figure out where the signal was best. But how would one see that when signal was zero.

Like I said its good to go but it may be better if I mess with it

Yeah we looked on an ATT map and knew the direction our closest towers were. Then my buddy stood outside and spun the antenna while I was inside the cabin getting readings from the app. Once that locked in we mounted it and haven't moved it since 9/2017.

Comment

basic home version

Comment

I ordered the basic home version (refurbished) on Amazon. Metal barndo, went from zero signal inside to 4 bars. Before had to walk up on hill 100 yds away to make a call

Comment

Ok I’m in the same boat, and any help would be appreciated. In my camp house(metal) no service at all, but if I walk out on porch I can get service. So the basic home version will help me?

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
                            I ordered the basic home version (refurbished) on Amazon. Metal barndo, went from zero signal inside to 4 bars. Before had to walk up on hill 100 yds away to make a call
                            Sorry guess I didn’t see what you wrote, basically my problem. Is yours the weboost? What price did you pay for it?

Comment

I’ve got Weboosts at my barn here in TX and my house in OK, and it’s been a game changer. I’ve contemplated getting a vehicle unit, but I have multiple trucks and don’t want to have to buy multiples or move it around. I guess I will continue to deal with crappy service while I drive.

Comment

I put a Weboost directional factory reconditioned system in the house. Signal prior to installation was -128 dBm and afterwards something like -85 dBm. Signal strength doubles every 3 dBm, so this system has made the signal about fourteen times stronger than it was. Shows three to four bars on my little flip phone most of the time. I didn't even mess with putting the indoor antenna up in the attic. I used the outdoor mount from an old satellite dish for the directional antenna and even used the satellite cable to feed the amplifier inside. I tested it with the indoor antenna laying next to the tv. The signal was so strong that I just took a piece of two sided tape and stuck the indoor antenna on to the wall. Then I called Frontier and had them shut off the landline. The Weboost will pay for itself in a little over six months just from not having a phone bill for a land line.

Comment

Working...
                                X