No announcement yet.

? about waht caliber on pistols.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walther PPS M2. Reliable, easy to shoot, good trigger, conceals, and accurate. You can get one for around $265 and if you want the LE edition with three mags (6+1, 7+1, 8+1) and phosphoric sights is around $300.

Comment

I have a few and all quality 9mm of today work fine. I would go to a gun range that has loaners. Shoot them and see what points for you. I shot a Glock 43 the other day and I am now looking to buy one soon. I have a Shield, Kahr PM9, and a Sig. That little Glock has very good capacity and a slim outline and was the first Glock I have picked up that pointed well for me.

Comment

For home, shotgun. Most folks with pistols do not practice enough. With shotgun, if you miss less likely to kill your neighbor. Now if you are Wick or Reacher, go with the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          Glock 19 or 26 both stupid accurate.
          This right here.

The 19 might be slightly on the large side for concealing but I did it for a couple of years before I switched to 10mm as that’s what I carry when hunting, model 20 for that and a 29 for EDC.

That said my wife loves her 26 and once the panicking dies out I’ll probably buy another 19 for my daughter to get familiar with.

The HK VP9 is also a good option. We keep one as a spare bedside arm for my wife, good balance, great shooter, reliable and also affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            I have a few and all quality 9mm of today work fine. I would go to a gun range that has loaners. Shoot them and see what points for you. I shot a Glock 43 the other day and I am now looking to buy one soon. I have a Shield, Kahr PM9, and a Sig. That little Glock has very good capacity and a slim outline and was the first Glock I have picked up that pointed well for me.
            This.

Get a 9mm in whatever platform you shoot the best and will actually carry.
            It wont do you any good sitting at home in your underwear drawer so get something you'll carry all the time.
            Also make sure you get a good quality holster and a belt made to support a gun, a lot of people overlook this and its arguably just as important as gun choice.
            A good gun belt and holster will make a gun disappear.
            A ****ty belt and holster will make you not want to carry at all.
            Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 07-13-2020, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I'm looking to buy 2 of the Sig P365 in 9mm but its getting hard to find......May go Hellcat if I can't find the P365 before November ...

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                9mm
                Home protection: Glock 19
                Cc: Glock 43x, sig365, s&w shield
                x2. As stated above, All the other manufactures have attempted to replicate Glocks original design with their new pistols (polymer frame striker fired). I carry a 365 and have a couple Glocks. Shields are good, but lack capacity.

Comment

...and don't get to hung up on conceal ability. 99.999% of people don't pay attention to what is going on around them, their eyes on are their phones. If someone is taking the the time to search out and pay attention to who has a firearm on them you aren't dealing with a amateur and you will more than likely die. Carry what is comfortable and what you shoot well. I personally think the Glock 48 in 9mm is the best thing going right now but that is just my opinion. I carried a full size Kimber 1911 and a full size XD 45 for years. I know it printed but but just didn't care. Nobody ever said anything.

Your CCW isn't going to save you from someone who is professional. We don't pay that much attention to our surroundings either.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    Just get something that is accurate. Sig, S&W or CZ
                    Scroll down this article list. Glock is DFL at the very bottom for accuracy.
                    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-pistols-part/
                    Can you share a video of someone outshooting a Glock? I'd love to see that.

Comment

I have a springfield xds m2. I don’t think the pistol matters as much as the holster. You can have a very concealable pistol but the wrong holster. It will be uncomfortable and may print on you. Spend time and money on a good holster.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                        This right here.

The 19 might be slightly on the large side for concealing but I did it for a couple of years before I switched to 10mm as that’s what I carry when hunting, model 20 for that and a 29 for EDC.

That said my wife loves her 26 and once the panicking dies out I’ll probably buy another 19 for my daughter to get familiar with.

The HK VP9 is also a good option. We keep one as a spare bedside arm for my wife, good balance, great shooter, reliable and also affordable.

No issue concealing most any pistol with a proper holster.

I can conceal a 19 with a tlr7 in shorts and t shirt, but it does get a little heavy.

The best rig is a 26 with 19 mags and grip extenders. Short barrel with 15 shots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m a Glock fan and would pick 9mm. Would go g48 or 43x for carry personally. Mine is a 48

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                            Can you share a video of someone outshooting a Glock? I'd love to see that.
                            Done
                            And she's only 15 years old

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                              I have a springfield xds m2. I don’t think the pistol matters as much as the holster. You can have a very concealable pistol but the wrong holster. It will be uncomfortable and may print on you. Spend time and money on a good holster.
                              X2
                              I can carry my P226R with the right holster and not print unless you are looking for it. Easy to conceal my C3 1911 since it fits so flat. P238 just drops into my front pants pocket. Bersa Thunder in OWB or IWB is not noticeable at all. Took some searching to find the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X