No announcement yet.

Couple of nuclear questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Father used to tell stories of nuke party's in Vegas, watching the sky light up at night.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

You’ve apparently never been to Reno or Las Vegas... nobody who has been to those places would state “life is normal.”

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        You’ve apparently never been to Reno or Las Vegas... nobody who has been to those places would state “life is normal.”
        Lol actually I’m 50 and never been past AZ

Comment

Most of the tests in Nevada were limited to one area. They weren’t randomly popping off nukes all across tge state. Also, a majority of the tests in Nevada were underground, which helps limit fallout.

Distance, time, and dilution are factors involved for the rest of Nevada. Nothing is really close to the highly contaminated areas, the more dangerous materials have decayed to less dangerous isotopes, and the fallout was spread over a massive area by wind. There are some maps that show higher cases of cancer in the midwest, right where a lot of the jet stream would carry fallout.

Comment

Google map Area 51 and zoom in to the area NW of the main offices and check out the craters that are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
              all the radiation blew in a west, northwest direction causing the gradual loss of all brain matter in california, oregon and washington.
              This has to be the most accurate statement ever made!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                Carbon dating is a mythological made up science. They started with a rock and said...ok, we will say this is 14 million years old and base everything front and back from there.
                The last time I checked my Bible, every rock and all the dirt on the planet is exactly the same age. Even the water of course. The Grand Canyon was created between 48 hours and 2 weeks is likely.
                As far as nuclear, I have no idea about that. I do know that God has planned for everything, like when there is a great oil spill and 6 mths later or so nobody can find it. It disperses and many things live off it by eating it but it always disappears.
                This sounds right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
                  First was fission second was fusion.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
                  Second as in second nuke dropped in ww2 was fusion? If that's what you mean, then that is incorrect.

Or do you mean a fusion bomb requires a fission reaction first? In which case that would be correct.
                  Last edited by sir shovelhands; 07-12-2020, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                    This sounds right to me.
                    Totally legit.

Comment

The size of our bombs today dwarf the testing that was done. The bombs dropped on Japan were a firecracker compared to what we have today. I like the 3 bourbon answer above.. But if something like that goes off today, no more electricity for anybody. if the bomb does not kill you, the lack of power will. A lot of the chemicals we have stored are very dangerous, but when they are kept very cold everything is ok. No electricity - then you have Bopal India where ever there is a chemical plant in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                        Google map Area 51 and zoom in to the area NW of the main offices and check out the craters that are still there.
                        set up your map for satellite and you can see many craters.

First test was in New Mexico, then a bunch in Nevada, then they got worried about what they were doing to Nevada and took them to the pacific Ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                          Second as in second nuke dropped in ww2 was fusion? If that's what you mean, then that is incorrect.

Or do you mean a fusion bomb requires a fission reaction first? In which case that would be correct.
                          You're correct. the first was uranium gun-type bomb ("Little Boy") on Hiroshima. The second was a plutonium implosion bomb ("Fat Man") on Nagasaki.
                          I've flown over the dome in Hiroshima.
                          Last edited by 41Chevy; 07-13-2020, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X