Clear All

Only an N95, or greater, can stop the spread of it. These will not:
    surgical mask
    KN95
    Bandana
    scarf
    shirt
    fill in the blank
    ONLY an N95 or better. Seeing as the vast majority of first responders can't get N95's right now, 99.9% of the people covering their faces are filling themselves w/false safety.
    It's a sham.
    Realize it.
    I haven't seen anybody here say "we're being told to wear a mask so we can be oppressed" like some of you have stated. It's not about oppression, it's about being a sheep. This whole **** thing is absurd.

Comment

Heb wanting to protect their employees. I totally understand. Don't shop there is your right. More toilet paper for me.

Comment

There are some really misguided folks pushing on this topic. Maybe the boogie man face mask oppressors are tricking us to wear useless masks but that whole common sense thing keeps pulling me back in.

Comment

I run a restaurant and my team has worked **** hard through all this and if you don’t want to wear a mask then stay home and have crap delivered. I am not a sheep and in my personal life don’t wear a mask unless required by the business because I have respect for those working to pay their bills vs sitting at home collecting unemployment. So sick of the “say you have an illness and can’t wear a mask crap”. Stay home if you don’t like it.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
            There are some really misguided folks pushing on this topic. Maybe the boogie man face mask oppressors are tricking us to wear useless masks but that whole common sense thing keeps pulling me back in.
            Why are the people that are FOR masks the only ones mentioning "oppression"?
            Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
            I run a restaurant and my team has worked **** hard through all this and if you don’t want to wear a mask then stay home and have crap delivered. I am not a sheep and in my personal life don’t wear a mask unless required by the business because I have respect for those working to pay their bills vs sitting at home collecting unemployment. So sick of the “say you have an illness and can’t wear a mask crap”. Stay home if you don’t like it.
            It's your business & you absolutely have 100% right to say mask or no mask. Just like people w/common sense have 100% right to not spend their money in your establishment. I would never tell anyone how to run their business, & certainly haven't in this thread, but this whole "mask" deal is a friggin' joke.
            "Stay home if you don't like it" you say. Oh the irony in that comment is massive! Think about it.

I was in Academy today, not wearing a mask I might add, & noticed this morbidly obese elderly couple. They were wearing their masks, which weren't N95 & weren't even worn properly. They window shopped & left after about an hour, purchasing nothing. Now, if these people are soooo concerned that they feel compelled to wear a mask in public, how do they also feel it's correct to go window shopping, buying nothing in a store that doesn't carry necessities, in the middle of a deadly pandemic?
            Like I said earlier, the common sense in these current times elude many.

Run your businesses how you want, wear a mask if you want, stay home if you want but don't tell me how to live MY life because of YOUR fear (& lack of common sense).
            It's that **** simple.

Comment

Wearing a mask is about as useless as a .380 carry gun

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Don't come to the valley...every biz that does not enforce the mask can be fined so you would pretty much have to live off mail order.
                Yup, was in Padre all week...everywhere requires a mask.

Comment

Curb side service....I don’t even go inside any longer.....

Best thing ever

Comment

The ignorance is hilarious almost.....if you don’t think a mask of any type keeps you from spewing spit then we must agree to disagree....I don’t wear one for myself because I would rather get the dang virus and get over it but I do have a mom that’s 74 and has copd and I do care about her. I am guessing by point out the morbidly obese couple you are one of those guys that’s lives a pure healthy life...
                    Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                    Why are the people that are FOR masks the only ones mentioning "oppression"?

It's your business & you absolutely have 100% right to say mask or no mask. Just like people w/common sense have 100% right to not spend their money in your establishment. I would never tell anyone how to run their business, & certainly haven't in this thread, but this whole "mask" deal is a friggin' joke.
                    "Stay home if you don't like it" you say. Oh the irony in that comment is massive! Think about it.

I was in Academy today, not wearing a mask I might add, & noticed this morbidly obese elderly couple. They were wearing their masks, which weren't N95 & weren't even worn properly. They window shopped & left after about an hour, purchasing nothing. Now, if these people are soooo concerned that they feel compelled to wear a mask in public, how do they also feel it's correct to go window shopping, buying nothing in a store that doesn't carry necessities, in the middle of a deadly pandemic?
                    Like I said earlier, the common sense in these current times elude many.

Run your businesses how you want, wear a mask if you want, stay home if you want but don't tell me how to live MY life because of YOUR fear (& lack of common sense).
                    It's that **** simple.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                      Curb side service....I don’t even go inside any longer.....

Best thing ever
                      It's a great concept & I can see it's usefulness but I just can't do it. I'd feel like I was being lazy & making someone else take care of my responsibilities.
                      I know it has it's purpose & is very useful for the sick and/or disabled but it's not for me. I see people @ Walmart doing this & it's very obvious they're just being flat out lazy. Most of them don't get out of their car or even roll down their window to say thank you, much less give a tip, & to me that's just not right. IF I did it, it'd cost me too much as I'm a good tipper. It'd cost me $75 to get $40 in groceries!

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                        I am guessing by point out the morbidly obese couple you are one of those guys that’s lives a pure healthy life...
                        No, I'm pointing out they're the epitome of people who should stay home, yet, there they were!
                        Old, yes
                        obese, yes
                        w/obesity, especially being old, comes diabetes & hypertension. Get it?

Comment

[QUOTE=LFD2037;14947290]No, I'm pointing out they're the epitome of people who should stay home, yet, there they were!
                          Old, yes
                          obese, yes
                          w/obesity, especially being old, comes diabetes & hypertension. Get it?[/

Point taken and agree they should stay home. I am sure over a beer and campfire we would agree on 99% of the issues so I am done on this one. The mask stuff sucks but I would rather be open and require masks than be closed.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                            Only an N95, or greater, can stop the spread of it. These will not:
                            surgical mask
                            KN95
                            Bandana
                            scarf
                            shirt
                            fill in the blank
                            ONLY an N95 or better. Seeing as the vast majority of first responders can't get N95's right now, 99.9% of the people covering their faces are filling themselves w/false safety.
                            It's a sham.
                            Realize it.
                            I haven't seen anybody here say "we're being told to wear a mask so we can be oppressed" like some of you have stated. It's not about oppression, it's about being a sheep. This whole **** thing is absurd.
                            That is a misleading. Here is a quote from the CDC webpage

"Cloth face coverings are recommended as a simple barrier to help prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the cloth face covering coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice. This is called source control. This recommendation is based on what we know about the role respiratory droplets play in the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19, paired with emerging evidence from clinical and laboratory studies that shows cloth face coverings reduce the spray of droplets when worn over the nose and mouth. COVID-19 spreads mainly among people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), so the use of cloth face coverings is particularly important in settings where people are close to each other or where social distancing is difficult to maintain."

Face coverings are not recommended for children under the age of 2

I had a smart arsed comment after the 2 year old but was able to suppress the urge to add it in the hopes some might take the quote seriously.

Comment

I think we have 2 year olds in here

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                                Wearing a mask is about as useless as a .380 carry gun
                                Or a 9mm

Comment

Working...
                                X