Question for people that work at Hospitals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
    Where are you getting your % of critical and % of hospitalization ratios?

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-upda...city-modeling/

virusncov.com

ACTIVE CASES
    4,122,571 Currently Infected Patients, 4,065,110 (99%)in Mild Condition, 57,461 (1%)
    Serious or Critical

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Last edited by Hardware; 06-25-2020, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Interesting read about ICU capacity from Houston Hospital CEO'S.

Amid reports of 97% capacity in Houston-area hospitals, their CEOs addressed the concern of ICU bed capacity for COVID-19 treatment during a virtual June 25press conference. CEOs from Houston …

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        I don’t have numbers on this, but from what I hear, I high percentage of deaths are from that population. In fact, the CDC has asked that all deaths from diabetes, heart, or stroke be classified as a COVID death, whether the patient tested positive or not. People with those diseases imply an older population.
        It sure this is a fact...

In public health emergencies, mortality surveillance provides crucial information about population-level disease progression, as well as guides the development of public health interventions and assessment of their impact. Monitoring and analysis of mortality data allow dissemination of critical information to the public and key stakeholders. One of the most important methods of mortality surveillance is through monitoring causes of death as reported on death certificates. Death certificates are registered for every death occurring in the United States, offering a complete picture of mortality nationwide. The death certificate provides essential information about the deceased and the cause(s) and circumstances of death. Through a combination of automated coding systems and manual review, the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) assigns codes to each death record as defined in the International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, based on cause-of-death reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          They will never tell you that.

One would think this would be obvious. But too many people are too stupid to put two and two together

Not doubting you, but do you have a source for this claim? A link or anything?

You are correct.

Comment

Fox News is reporting that the CDC is saying that for every case reported in the past , 10 went unreported.

This makes makes the increase in testing more plausible for the increase in cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Comanchehunter; 06-25-2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
              I wonder what is the purpose of the CDC asking to have those cases from diabetes, heart and stroke being classified as Covid? I would think that would inflate and skewer the facts/numbers.

Just to be clear I don't doubt for a second you are correct. My next door neighbor works for Baylor Scott & White adn he told me months ago, they were classifying patients admitted and dying with Covid 19... Just makes wonder.
              Dr. Robert Redfield is the head of the CDC. He has a VERY checkered past, including falsifying medical research in the Army several years ago in an attempt to profit from the fake data. Dr. Birx was his assistant at that time. She may not have been involved in the falsification, but she had a front row seat to see him do it. She's been very critical of him lately. She said a few weeks ago that she wouldn't trust anything the CDC says right now.

Lurie v. Department of Army, 970 F. Supp. 19 (D.D.C. 1997) case opinion from the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia

Comment

There no way in hail their tracking those numbers correctly. Unless folks are in the hospital or have died.....how are the tracking the recovered folks? Are they basing on a 14 day infection duration if you test positive? These numbers are nothing but a wag.

If you test positive are they following up with you?

The total cases vs recovery vs death just don't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Comanchehunter View Post
                  Fox News is reporting that the CDC is saying that for every case reported in the past , 10 went unreported.

This makes makes the increase in testing more plausible for the increase in cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. more testing = more positive cases. Same % of positives per test, we had a month ago.

This is what I believe, I have no numbers to back this up, except a wee bit of logic.

Comment

Bringing this back to the top for any first hand updates....

For those that work in hospitals and or have family that works in hospitals. What are the latest reports??

Comment

Good gosh almighty! Newsweek, CNN, MSNBC etc came out the end of last week with a headline that said "Houston Hospitals Are At 100% Full Capacity" which was 100% friggin BS! If any of y'all are relying on the media including FoxNews to get your information then good luck with that.

This is straight from the horses mouth. Do your own research to find out what's really going on.

The number of hospitalizations are "being misinterpreted," said Houston Methodist CEO Marc Boom, "and, quite frankly, we’re concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now."

"We do have the capacity to care for many more patients, and have lots of fluidity and ability to manage," Boom said.

He pointed out that his hospital one year ago was at 95% ICU capacity, similar to the numbers the hospital is seeing today. "It is completely normal for us to have ICU capacities that run in the 80s and 90s," he said. "That's how all hospitals operate."

He noted that around 25% of ICU patients are COVID-19-positive. But the hospital "[has] many levers in our ability to adjust our ICU," he said, claiming that the hospital capacity regularly reported by the media is "base" capacity rather than surge capacity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We are being lied to and they can’t even do a good job of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

And everybody said “ Covid”

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                            And everybody said “ Covid”

We refer to it as the “Kung Flu” around here![emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                              We refer to it as the “Kung Flu” around here![emoji3]

The wuhan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X