Traffic/protesters Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traffic/protesters Houston?

I'm hoping to go visit my folks north of Houston.
    I'll be traveling with my three kids and their three cousins coming in from around Luling.
    Have the roads been clear of people blocking the roads?
    I'd had to get into a bind with six kids in the car.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I have driven all around Houston the last couple of days and not seen anyone protesting. I think it is mainly in downtown.

Comment

Just came off of I 10 from downtown going west. Free flowing at the moment. All the mess is in downtown. Freeways are clear.

Comment

You will be fine. Take 99 if you can help it only to avoid traffic in general. There is a riot staging ahem I mean protest today in Katy at 5 pm. But it's 3 miles or so off the highway, so I-10 should be fine at least til 9 pm.

Comment

someone just posted they are bussing people in for a protest in the Woodlands. just a heads up

Please post political and non-hunting current events to this forum. Personal attacks and disrespect in posting will not be tolerated.
          Last edited by TxSon1836; 06-04-2020, 12:14 PM. Reason: added thread link

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
            someone just posted they are bussing people in for a protest in the Woodlands. just a heads up

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=770067
            Just about right.
            Hopefully they stay just a bit north.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              You will be fine. Take 99 if you can help it only to avoid traffic in general. There is a riot staging ahem I mean protest today in Katy at 5 pm. But it's 3 miles or so off the highway, so I-10 should be fine at least til 9 pm.
              I would take 99, but I don't have the tag, and the extra charges aren't worth it.

Comment

Any money spent to avoid Houston traffic is money well spent.

Comment

I gotta second hogmauler. I would take 99 any day over going into BW8.

The good news, most folks still haven't returned to work, so I doubt you will hit much traffic any way you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                    Any money spent to avoid Houston traffic is money well spent.

This. It would be worth it to avoid the aggravation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Does anyone know how many booths there are from I10 to Rayford?
                      Toll + $5 a booth. Trying to see if worth it.

Comment

Is there really much traffic in Houston now a days (by Houston Standards anyway)? I've been staying in my immediate area fro over two months. I would think with the big lay offs and work from home in oil and gas as well as school being out traffic would be noticeably lighter.

Comment

It is somewhat lighter but it doesn’t take much of a fender bender and you’ll be stuck on the freeway for an hour if not longer. And I had no idea that one toll booth was $5.00!
                          I do however remember when the Sam Houston tollway was built and we were told that “the tolls will stop once it’s paid for”.

Comment

It's a $5 fee for no toll tag, plus the booth fee.

I remember when Sam Houston Toll opened, and it was pitched as once paid for free, then they sold it.

My folk bought their place off Rayford in '79. Seen way to much build up

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                              It's a $5 fee for no toll tag, plus the booth fee.

I remember when Sam Houston Toll opened, and it was pitched as once paid for free, then they sold it.

My folk bought their place off Rayford in '79. Seen way to much build up

The toll road has waived the fee until the corona virus deal is over. Just pay by mail for the time being.

Comment

Working...
                              X