Best Cell Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
    Do you have a solar panel or external pack on it or just straight AAs?

Running energizer lithium’s right now. Will see how they last. So far so good.

I like how when a deer comes in that I want more pics of i can swap the time delay to 5 seconds on the fly then back to 20 or 30.

The HD download is nice too.
    Can swap it to video but haven’t figured out how to get the videos to play on my IPhone yet.

Here’s some pic samples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I use Tactacam Reveals (cheap price camera) and while the photos are not Reconyx good, they more than do the job.

Comment

I would say either you don't have a class 10 SD card, or there's an issue with your camera. Spartan is by far the best, with the exception of probably reconyx. Browning Defender is also good, but you cant zoom in on the pic using the app, which is aggravating!

Comment

Originally posted by cobbc03 View Post
          but you cant zoom in on the pic using the app, which is aggravating!

Yes you can, once you open the pic. Turn your phone sideways and it orients the picture to landscape layout automatically and you’re able to zoom as well.

Comment

Spartan
            Attached Files

Comment

Tactacam Reveal is pretty good for the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best Cell Cam

Originally posted by Ivanite View Post
                Thanks for the input on the cam’s. I’ll look into other options.

Anyone, weigh in on Stealth 26mb claim!

No company’s cellular camera actually takes a true 20mp, 24mp or 26mp picture like some claim. The vast majority of cell cameras (and non cell cameras) have 3megapixel to 8 megapixel image sensors/hardware. All the rest of those pixels to get the picture from 8mp to 26mp are computer generated. If you could compare a 20mp picture from a handheld digital camera to a +20mp from a trail camera, their claims being BS would be very obvious.

Last edited by Roscoe; 11-29-2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Really like my Spartans. Tried the cheaper Spypoint 1st, switched after a couple months of nothing but issues. Look up "Herd360" online or ebay if your interested in great Spartan setups.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Stealthcam customer service sucks. I have three of the STC OR PRE FUSION models. Call the number on the back of the camera and stayed on hold for ever . They finally picked up and said oh you don’t have the fusion cam let me transfer you. Stayed on hold for ever and they finally hung up on me. Called back and stayed on hold for an hour until they hung up on me again.

Comment

I have used Spartan, Covert, and Spypoint.

Spypoint I would not run if you bought it for me.

I sold all my coverts and now run 10 SPARTAN LTE's. $251 shipped to your door and $107 a year for unlimited pics is hard to beat. Nothing can compare to their pic quality

Those Browning pics look pretty solid above.

Those Stealtchcam pics above suck. Reminds me of my pics when cellular cameras came out 4-5 years ago
                      Last edited by gingib; 12-02-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Not too impressed with Moultrie

Comment

tag

Comment

Best Cell Cam

Im 3 months in with the Browning defenders. Batteries still in 90% range and taken 1000’s of pics. I’m really liking them. When a buck shows up I can literally swap it from 10-20 second setting to 1 second and get a series of pics on the fly.

Had my first dealings with customer service today. Called to ask about repairing a strike force regular camera that won’t save the date. They told me they would most likely send me a new camera when I mail it in. Which they have done in the past for me with one that wouldn’t take night pics. I asked about a billing issue with me wireless camera and they transferred me to the wireless department.

I had one camera on the basic plan I had originally purchased and the other two on the pro plan. The 1st camera was a few pictures from using up all of the 2500 pics that came with that data plan so I removed it and cancelled that plan then added it to the Pro plan with the other 2 cameras I have.

I immediately noticed my picture usage count go up 2493 higher on my pro plan.

I explained this to the girl I was connected to and she looked at my account said it was an error and deleted the data usage crediting nearly 3000 pictures back to my pro plan.

Simple and easy and I wasn’t on hold but for a few minutes.

I’ll be adding to my collection for next season. I only hope they offer an unlimited plan soon... other than that I’m really happy so far.

Last edited by Hix; 12-02-2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

I have two Moultries. I’ve been running a 7000 since last season and a 6000 since this October. Both have me issues this week.

The 7000 IR light isn’t working so all night pictures are black. The 6000 will turn on for one second and then shut off. I tried a hard reset on it and it still had issues.

I did have a good experience with customer support today. They gave me credit back for this months data plan and have already sent a shipping label for the one with the bad IR light. They told me to try new batteries in the 6000 before sending it although at the last connection it had 42% battery remaining.

Everything I’ve read seems to be that it’s hit or miss with cell cameras though...

Comment

I just got in 3 Spartans and have one running already. By far better than the others I have ran. I spent a little extra and got the Ghost Cam. This camera has a built in battery and GPS. If the camera gets stolen, even turned off or batteries removed, it will still report its location.

As some have mentioned above about the Brownings being able to swipe different delays for more pictures, with my Spartan, I can just request a video instead and it will send me a video from the same picture.

I also have a Verizon phone, so I went with Verizon cameras. Only on the Verizon cameras, you can opt to buy your data plans through Verizon instead of Spartan. I already have unlimited data on my cell phone, so I added a line for each camera at $5/mo each. So $15/mo for 3 cameras, unlimited pictures and videos. Transmitted pic and video quality is excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X