Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just buy it......

Comment

Here is a different approach that might actually hit him where it hurts.

A lot of homeowners buy a house under the premise that it will be there homestead. The lender will have covenants in the loan that states that they cannot turn said home into a rental property. Some loans will have a penalty and some lenders will deem this a default.

Find a title company and ask them to pull a title policy to figure out who the lender is. Alert said lender.

You can also look up the property on the appraisal districts website to see if he has it homesteaded. If so, he will be liable for back taxes to the date that he moved out.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
        Different thread, the op didn’t get answers that he liked so he berated the site and threatened to leave about 6 times. Ended up being an internet fish that a guide caught. We never found out how big it really was lol
        Thanks my dumbarse was lost.

-john

Comment

We have a big house in our lake neighborhood that is a mess every single weekend (zero slow down with Covid). It's been a VRBO for the last 2-3 years and the police have easily been there 2 dozen times. Luckily we don't live near enough to deal with it 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Lever here is the argument- The crappy neighbor did his research and buys in places that do not restrict him from having AB&B. He purchases this property then after the fact he is restricted.

I believe in landowner rights.
            I believe in landowner rights too Glen, but this steps outside the normal.

You're probably right, this guy did his research and found a house without restrictions. Then he used a loophole or whatever you want to call it in the AB& B regulations that allows the house to be classified as a residence when it is in fact being used as a hotel. He knew it was going to be a problem for the rest of the neighborhood when he did it. With that in mind I have no problem restricting him after he purchased. He knew there would be issues now he has them.

Comment

With rights, come responsibilities. We all have the right to be *******s, that doesn’t (always) make it the right thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I may buy a few houses and when I’m not at one gonna rent in when in the other. Claim them as a residence and when I sell not pay capital gains. We will do our research and find a property without regulations against short term rentals. I will have a service like Air BnB, VRBO, etc deal with the bookings and pay them a portion of proceeds from renters. If the neighbors don’t like it I will gladly offer to sell to them for the profit we are happy with

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  With rights, come responsibilities. We all have the right to be *******s, that doesn’t (always) make it the right thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Agreed, it’s kinda like freedom of speech, you can say whatever you want, but that doesn’t mean someone won’t bust you in the mouth for it.

Comment

I may buy a few houses and when I’m not at one gonna rent in when in the other. Claim them as a residence and when I sell not pay capital gains. We will do our research and find a property without regulations against short term rentals. I will have a service like Air BnB, VRBO, etc deal with the bookings and pay them a portion of proceeds from renters. If the neighbors don’t like it I will gladly offer to sell to them for the profit we are happy with
                    So you really don't care if you f over your neighbors. That should make for some interesting stays when you're staying at the house.

Comment

Lever- it’s real estate investing. Air BnB and VRBO are very popular and I stay in them often. I guess you don’t travel. It is very popular. I will buy in places where it is legal. I will employ a service to handle booking- repair- cleaning. I will buy in areas I think real estate is in upward trend and stay there enough to claim as a 2nd residence and sell without having to pay capital gains.

Heck I’m staying in one now lakefront on Lake LBJ until March.

If the neighbors have some type of heartburn I’ll offer to sell to them. How is that in any way doing anything wrong to them

Comment

Lever - so the neighbors where you hunt don’t like the idea of you hunting. Why are you messing them over and hunting?

Comment

I'm sorry but I have to side with the dueche bag Floridian. He did his research and purchased/owns property that is legal with regards to short term rentals. If he is then restricted through newly implemented rules what kinda of downhill snowball does that set forward and frankly if successful why stop there? Imagine how perfect the neighborhood could be if you could also restrict Mrs. Jenkins a couple houses over and Mr.Williams the next street over from doing things they are doing as well.

Comment

Lever- it’s real estate investing. Air BnB and VRBO are very popular and I stay in them often. I guess you don’t travel. It is very popular. I will buy in places where it is legal. I will employ a service to handle booking- repair- cleaning. I will buy in areas I think real estate is in upward trend and stay there enough to claim as a 2nd residence and sell without having to pay capital gains.

Heck I’m staying in one now lakefront on Lake LBJ until March.

If the neighbors have some type of heartburn I’ll offer to sell to them. How is that in any way doing anything wrong to them
                            Yeah I know it's real estate investing, I'm familiar with them. Only travel a hundred or so nights a year. Most of them don't create a problem but this guy does. Like the man said, with rights come responsibilities and this guy isn't living up to his responsibilities, like being a good neighbor. If what the op says is true, it's being used as a party house in what is otherwise a quiet neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              I'm sorry but I have to side with the dueche bag Floridian. He did his research and purchased/owns property that is legal with regards to short term rentals. If he is then restricted through newly implemented rules what kinda of downhill snowball does that set forward and frankly if successful why stop there? Imagine how perfect the neighborhood could be if you could also restrict Mrs. Jenkins a couple houses over and Mr.Williams the next street over from doing things they are doing as well.
                              I know what you mean. Bad slope to start down. So how do you resolve the situation ?

Comment

In the long run, would the HOA be better served buying him out and reselling the property to a traditional owner, rather than spending untold legal fees to press a questionable case?

Comment

Working...
                                X