Mountain Lion in Kansas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
    Oh I know that. Been there many, many times. I was referring to the other thread where all the people that do not live in east Texas tell us that we do not have any lions over here.

-john
    Be very careful and tread lightly. Discussing such things will make the expert/s post more memes ridiculing us. They know everything and therefore we know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      My spouse saw a dead mt lion along 287 in OK panhandle many years ago, before they were saying you had them. He stopped and looked at the carcass to make sure. I reported it to Oklahoma wildlife via internet.

Heck Colorado didn't have any wolves either til the state said they did, lol. All those sightings by hunters were dismissed til video proved it.

Big cats can roam and are around more than folks think.
      They sure do. If y'all go Google mountain lion sightings in Oklahoma it'll take you to a list and you'll notice one was sighted in Texas County. My buddy and I saw that one. Turns out it had a tracker collar on it. It was released in Colorado,came through the OK panhandle and was legally harvested in New Mexico. That sucker traveled a long ways.

Comment

Oh I know that. Been there many, many times. I was referring to the other thread where all the people that do not live in east Texas tell us that we do not have any lions over here.

-john
        Texas is such a big State with vast land that people don't venture onto very often. I think it would be difficult to really say that they don't live there or at least pass through there because I'd bet my next paycheck they do. They can and do travel a long,long way.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          In 2011 a lion traveled 1,500 miles from South Dakota to Connecticut......so yeah there are lions in every state.

https://www.livescience.com/15307-re...-wildlife.html

But, but how can that be? I thought it was a fact that they could not travel east of I-35....lol.

-john

Comment

But, but how can that be? I thought it was a fact that they could not travel east of I-35....lol.

-john
            It went above where I35 ends to get there so he didn't go east of it...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
              It went above where I35 ends to get there so he didn't go east of it...

Got me on a technicality.....

Comment

Got me on a technicality.....
                lol

Comment

-john
                  How many lanes of traffic is it? If we went there would we just see tons of mountain lions playing frogger to get across?ahahahahaha it's funny how we as humans try to put logic into critters sometimes. They go where they want to go.

I think if there's deer or anything bigger than a rabbit for them to eat they could live there pretty easily.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 12-02-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    How many lanes of traffic is it? If we went there would we just see tons of mountain lions playing frogger to get across?ahahahahaha it's funny how we as humans try to put logic into critters sometimes. They go where they want to go.

I think if there's deer or anything bigger than a rabbit for them to eat they could live there pretty easily.
                    Overpasses that cross rivers etc. They go under not across the lanes of traffic

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      Overpasses that cross rivers etc. They go under not across the lanes of traffic
                      I know I was just kiddin. I think a lot of stuff we wouldn't think about normally use river systems and such.

Comment

Never know!

Comment

I am hoping one will come by my feeder in Kansas. Also hoping one won’t be hanging out along my route back to the truck in the dark.

Comment

Southwest KS.....
                            Last edited by Slicefixer; 12-02-2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Never a doubt.....west of 35.....😉

Comment

Working...
                              X