Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
    Gator's ain't illegal to ship in TX.
    I have no idea on compliance. I know it wasn’t on the declaration and it had a lot of people freaked out! I just loaded trucks and planes. I’ve never had an issue with shipping guns or ammo direct with UPS but almost every time I’ve gone to a UPS store if I didnt lie about contents they would reject it.

I even tried to send a stock to a member here a couple years ago and made the mistake of taking it to the store in Keller who told me no because it was dangerous. Went home with a box they gave me. Brought it back an hour later and told them it was art being shipped in the box, they sent it on it’s way

Comment

My bag went through the X-ray machine and I walked through the deal that spins around you. I grabbed my bag and boarded the plane. My bag was under the seat the entire flight. I have a CCL but I’m sure I would have gotten some sort of fine.

Sure made me think about what makes it through the X-ray and ends up on planes. I flew with a pistol in my bag but had to take my boots and belt off so they could be checked.

Comment

Had a Pastor and his wife ran off to the airport right after teaching Sunday school and when they got to their motel at their destination, she realized she went through security with a 12" scissors in her purse and nobody stopped her.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
          Lol she treated me as if I was a leper.
          Quick what is the only animal in Texas that carries Leprosy???

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
            i would have asked to see their policy.
            I would have showed it to her:
            How to Ship Firearms or Ammunition
            "UPS accepts firearm parts for shipment, provided the part is not a "firearm" as defined under federal law; the contents of the package cannot be assembled to form a firearm; and the package otherwise complies with federal, state, and local law."

And then if she still refused asked her to contact her manager while I stood there.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
              Armadillo

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                Has nothing to do w ups
                Except it's called UPS, with a huge logo across the front of the store, the package travels in a brown truck with a UPS logo on the side, and contains a shipping label that says UPS on it. Yeah... nothing to do with UPS.

The franchise/license agreement by which they use the UPS name and logo and interface with UPS infrastructure is where they could clear all of this up. Having different stores with different policies is stupid/bad business, if that's actually how it is.

Comment

Armadillo
                  Bingo

Sorry about the scope, kinda crazy how some people act....

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                    USPS is the answer you are looking for

Oh HALE no!

UPS can tell me where my stuff is, what day I will get it and if it will be AM or PM.

USPS can’t even be sure they have my stuff much less when it might arrive!

Comment

I have made it though the airport with boxes of ammo. IAH --> Orlando. I just left them for the hotel cleaning lady once i discovered them in my bag. Hope she didn't mind shooting core-Lokt out of her 22-250.

Comment

That’s the same trip I took with the pistol, IAH - Orlando

Comment

She wasn’t buying anything I was saying. She literally looked terrified.
                          Liberals and the media have successfully and intentionally managed to scare the crap out of the masses on anything firearm related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                            Armadillo!

Thanks for lightening up the thread. Lots of Butthurt on the green screen tonight....

Comment

I've had much the same experience and learned .. Package at home and not in the store because of ignorance .. Had to get the manager involved .. it got semt

Comment

They turned me down for a archery sight today. said it was for a weapon.

Comment

Working...
                                X