• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt Gap Texas help

Has anyone hunted this area? Looking at a lease there. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Sorry cant help you but good luck.

Comment

I have a place in Salt Gap.. Lots of deer and some pretty good quality. I've had my place for 17 years.

Comment

I love the area. Hunted Doole, Fife, Melvin area for many years.

Comment

I’m there right now

Comment

Yep have a buddy that owns a nice little place, got some good deer and turkey hunting
            Dove hunting is great

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntz View Post
              I have a place in Salt Gap.. Lots of deer and some pretty good quality. I've had my place for 17 years.
              Did you ever meet Bill Rice?

Comment

Good deer in that area.

Comment

I live there, deer are numerous, quality mediocre. Dove have been no existent last 5 years. Turkey are numerous at times and then gone.

Comment

Hunted there along time of go , had good times back them most deer were around 120 we killed a couple 140s and one in 150s alot turkeys

Comment

I wanna say the landowners last name was Allen. My co worker hunts there

Comment

If the same Allen, it would be a couple places down from us and would expect critters to be very similar only difference being you may catch a random hog over there. We are right on the edge of the hogs, we have none but see a dead one occasionally on the blacktop. Old Blue was pretty spot on with deer size, shot one deer in the last 5 years that broke 140. Most of them are in the 120-130 lots of potential though, I’m one year away, every year of having several nice deer just never materializes.

Comment

Were are yall located Big R?. I'd be hunting a corner pasture rite on the northwest side of the Salt Gap crossroad.

Comment

If anyone has any openings in this area i have a group of 3-4 looking. Really like the Melvin, salt gap, and doole areas.

Comment

I’m west out of salt gap, few miles down the CR back there kind of on the mountain.
                              Last edited by BigRichard; 01-07-2020, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X