Grayson co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
    I have a brand new house in W central Grayson. 4 bedrooms. Stepson can sleep in garage.

No need to drive 2 hrs! Let's go huntn!
    Ding ding ding. Winner winner chicken dinner!😁

Comment

Don’t surprised when you go months with out seeing a legal deer.
      Sure there are big deer in Grayson county, but you’ll likely have to work your *** off to get one.
      I know plenty of people that hunt in Grayson and sometimes go without a deer for the entire season. Others will have a lot of pics but at night.

If the stars align though, you could be trying to draw on the biggest deer youve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
        I have a brand new house in W central Grayson. 4 bedrooms. Stepson can sleep in garage.

No need to drive 2 hrs! Let's go huntn!

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

I live and hunt here. Everyone posting is correct that there are some great deer here. BUT, you may sit 10, 20 or more times and see no deer. This isn't like south TX, the hill country, etc where a feeder goes off and the deer come running. And there isn't a giant behind every tree like some people think there are. If your primary objective is to shoot a really big buck, this is a county that may pan out for you. If your primary objective is to have your son see lots of deer and shoot something often you may be let down. Either way, go check out the property and figure out what's best for you and your son. Good luck!

Comment

Awesome ground.It can be slowwww..If you gotta see deer,to stay on stand? Gonna be tough..Especially now.Take a deep breath,and settle in.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              Sure there are big deer in Grayson county, but you’ll likely have to work your *** off to get one.
              I know plenty of people that hunt in Grayson and sometimes go without a deer for the entire season. Others will have a lot of pics but at night.

If the stars align though, you could be trying to draw on the biggest deer youve ever seen.

Thank you for a realistic insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                I live and hunt here. Everyone posting is correct that there are some great deer here. BUT, you may sit 10, 20 or more times and see no deer. This isn't like south TX, the hill country, etc where a feeder goes off and the deer come running. And there isn't a giant behind every tree like some people think there are. If your primary objective is to shoot a really big buck, this is a county that may pan out for you. If your primary objective is to have your son see lots of deer and shoot something often you may be let down. Either way, go check out the property and figure out what's best for you and your son. Good luck!

Probably won’t take my son to this piece of property. I have a lease close to my house that we see plenty of deer. Yes my primary objective is to shoot a really big buck. Thank you for the info.

Comment

My main question is what part of the county, because that can make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                    My main question is what part of the county, because that can make a difference.

Northeast

Comment

The first thing I would do is send a PM to WCB (Mike Harr). He is a legend and pretty much the authority on Grayson County.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                        Couldnt have said it better myself. Good, realistic information.

Comment

I've hunted here in Grayson for 7 years straight and this response is Spot on!
                          Last edited by blide; 12-10-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            The first thing I would do is send a PM to WCB (Mike Harr). He is a legend and pretty much the authority on Grayson County.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Pretty much in his own mind only

Comment

I have 400+acres in Grayson County along Choctaw Creek with 4 trail cameras. I have pics of several Trophy size deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X