Rigid Lightbar Hot!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigid Lightbar Hot!!!

Finally got time to install my new lightbar on my Gator. Got it all hooked up and when I turned it on and let it run for 5-10 min it got extremely hot. Other lightbars I’ve installed have never done this before. Is this normal? It’s a driving/hyperspot 20 inch 320watts.
    Attached Files

Ttt

Comment

This doesn't sound right but I don't have any personal experience. Maybe check voltage and amp draw with them turned on.

Comment

Did you install a relay when you added it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
          This doesn't sound right but I don't have any personal experience. Maybe check voltage and amp draw with them turned on.
          Guess I will check this evening when I get home. Also lugs the Diesel motor down when you turn on lightbar

Comment

20" 320 watt LED bar shouldnt lug the motor down. I am guessing something is crossed or relay is missing.

Originally posted by RMW View Post
            Guess I will check this evening when I get home. Also lugs the Diesel motor down when you turn on lightbar

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
              20" 320 watt LED bar shouldnt lug the motor down. I am guessing something is crossed or relay is missing.
              I used the supplied harness it came with, so yes it has a relay

Comment

It could be a bad relay it would be something cheap to swap and see if that fixes it.

Comment

I also hooked it up directly to the battery to see if there was a difference but it still got so hot you couldn’t touch it. Took about 10 min to heat up

Comment

Originally posted by TSpradlin View Post
                    It could be a bad relay it would be something cheap to swap and see if that fixes it.
                    I’ve got another to swap and see.

Comment

Sounds like a bad harness

Comment

I gave Rigid a call and the tech said they get pretty dang hot compared to other brand of lightbars. He also told me it should be pulling about 23 amps. Hard to believe they get this hot.

Comment

Working...
                        X