Took some friend's hunting last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took some friend's hunting last night

One got to the spot about 5. He saw 3 doe and 1 buck. Didn't shoot because of the cows.
    I got there about 6:30
    3rd guy got there about 7.

Hoping the sounder of pigs I saw Tuesday evening would come back. They didn't

About 7:15 I'm scanning to the north with my thermal. I see a cow moving away from the herd. I also see it's blips of movement behind it. I get the guys attention. We hot foot it 100 yds to the adjoining fences line. . Watching the cow a coyotes. They moving towards our left. We angle movement to intercept. We still at the tree line. I see the cow and 2 coyotes. I tell them where they are. No response. I was like turn your lights on do you can see them they're 50 yds in front of us. Watch it for the cow. They turn their lights on and see them. Both at looking at same Coyote. I direct one guy to another. They both are like I see it. I'm waiting for shots and watching in my thermal. Coyote's spoke and head east through a strip of tree's. I tell the guys we got to move to the other side of the trees. I hustle and get there. They're still looking for them at the old spot. I watch the Coyotes head north away from us. They finally come over and say we lost sight of them. I told them about where I last saw them about 500 yds away.

1 hour later I set three coyote angling in it discussion from the right. I set up an intercept point. The Coyotes get to within 100yds and the guys see, them but don't shoot. They watched them coyotes go out of range...

I asked afterwards we didn't you shoot. They said no one said to shoot. :Facepalm: we're hunting. We kill **** by shooting it. We clearly saw them harass that cow and cut her out. They told me I should have shot. I wanted them both to get something. Lesson learned. Next time it'll be world war 15.....

It’s good to have friends you can relate to.

Better luck next time.

Comment

Hell I thought World War 15 was the last hunt... [emoji41][emoji16]

Comment

Hot dang! That was a ... uh... yep, next time tell them to shoot when the cows are out of the way.

I always enjoy trying to read your stories, keep posting them.

Comment

I need some advil after that. Better luck next time pushbutton. Hopefully them friends of yours wont be scared to shoot next time

Comment

Gettem next time I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
              I always enjoy trying to read your stories
              Ain't that the truth. Maybe he's well spoken in person.

Comment

Take the opportunities given in that moment and deal with the outcome later. That's how I roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Ain't that the truth. Maybe he's well spoken in person.
                  It always sound good in your head while you're writing it.

I do need a break after trying to decipher his sometimes.

Comment

Two wrongs don't make a right as they say.

Comment

Did you ever consider telling them to shoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On a positive note, your friends had a learning experience...hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                          Two wrongs don't make a right as they say.
                          3 Lefts will tho :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Did you ever consider telling them to shoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I thought it was an unspoken thing.
                            Next time it will be spoken tho.

Comment

Honest question for those that day this was hard to read and follow.

What made it that way?

I honestly try to have informative, well laid out, easy to follow and succinct post.

It seems like a majority of the replies are ball busting and gripes **** how complicated it was too follow along.

FWIW I'm ok with the ball busting, most of the time [emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                              X