Would you put him out of his misery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you put him out of his misery?

Or see if he recovers and grows for a few more years? He never puts that left leg on the ground and it looks bent. The injury obviously affected his horn growth. The right horn is curved but unforked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d shoot him

Comment

I ain’t burning a tag in him... wouldn’t be legal in my county anyway. I’ve got a doe that’s had a broke leg 2 years. Raises fawns and gets around. He’s not a genetic issue... so no need to “cull”. Unless you just need to remove mouths to feed, I’d pass. If so and legal... sure

Comment

Yes

Comment

Tough call if he looks like he is doing well let him go if he looks to be suffering i would put him down

Comment

Yep. He tastes good

Comment

I’d probably shoot him, especially if I had already filled my big buck tag in my county.

Comment

Doesn’t seem to be suffering. He makes it in every day to eat my grub. Today was the first day in a week he’s come
                In during shooting hours but I got home late.

Comment

I thought this was another Biden post.

He looks ok. Mother nature might get him if you don't

Comment

Originally posted by jamenefee View Post
                    I’d probably shoot him, especially if I had already filled my big buck tag in my county.

I’m probably not taking a legal buck this year cause I just bought this property and want to see what happens with what I’ve seen so far. A couple nice bucks but a little young. Not sure how trigger happy the neighbors are but most I’ve talked to don’t seem to be hunters and I haven’t heard any shots but I’m not here every afternoon b

Comment

I’d leave him be. He’s making it, no reason to kill him unless you just want to.

Comment

Yes ethical thing to do

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                          Tough call if he looks like he is doing well let him go if he looks to be suffering i would put him down
                          This

Comment

Coyotes gotta eat also

Comment

I love those freak spikes. I've taken 2 so far in the past, and another on the hit list for this year. Only one of mine had an injured leg though.

Comment

Working...
                              X