6.5 Grendel wolf ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Grendel wolf ammo

Has anyone ever run this?? It's all i can find and its only in 100gr. I hate the fact it's steel cased.

I've gone thru several boxes of it. Not super high quality but fun if you just want to shoot a bunch. When I shot it at 100yds for accuracy I got cantelope/softball size groups.

Comment

thanks, it makes feel a little better. Now Im wondering how they will preform on hogs

Comment

Watched a vid yesterday testing it from 12" barrel, comparing it to 7n6. Seems fine. Ordered some.

Comment

Originally posted by bowguy75 View Post
          I've gone thru several boxes of it. Not super high quality but fun if you just want to shoot a bunch. When I shot it at 100yds for accuracy I got cantelope/softball size groups.
          x2

It was about $5.50 a box when I bought it a couple years ago.

Comment

well i just got 500rd so we will see!!

Comment

Never used the 6.5, but I shoot Wolf steel .223 all the time. It's good, cheap ammo. Steel case won't hurt a thing. If you are just using it to plink and dump into hogs I would buy with confidence. Bullet probably won't perform great on hogs, but i'm betting shot placement will get the job done.

Comment

where did you fine the Grendel ammo ?

Comment

Originally posted by pigsticker64 View Post
                  where did you fine the Grendel ammo ?
                  Wolf Brand Military Classic 6.5 Grendel ammunition with 100-grain bullet weight. Non-corrosive, lacquer-coated steel case - 500 Round Case ((25) 20 round boxes. Wolf Performance brand ammunition is an economically priced yet high-quality ammunition that is perfect for high volume shooting. Wolf centerfire rifle ammunition is 100% non-corrosive and features a boat-tailed projectile design for maximum down range energy retention and improved accuracy. Millions upon millions of rounds sold and shot don't lie. Wolf Ammunition is the real deal. Ammunition comes packaged with 20 rounds per commercial box, 25 boxes per 500 round case. We sell this SKU by the 500 round case.  Note - Wolf Ammunition is branded as either Military Classic, Wolf Performance, or Wolf Polyformance. Wolf is currently shipping the same steel-cased polymer-coated ammunition packaged under either of the brandings with no difference in the ammunition regardless of the packaging. As such, we are selling all Wolf ammo as simply Wolf Performance Ammunition and will make no guarantee as to whether it will ship in the Performance, Polyformance, or Military Classic Boxing. Please know that the boxes you receive may or may not be the same as the image in this ad depending on how the ammunition arrived to us.  If this is a potential issue please do not purchase this ammunition.    

this is what i ordered. I found it on ammoseek.com it looked like this was a lot on ammoseek

Comment

Ammo like this is one of the reasons you use a 6.5 Grendel - how many calibers out there can you get $5-$6/box ammo? Especially calibers for the AR-15....

As a FMJ round, it wouldn't be my go to for hunting, but for anything else - yes.

After I got a 1", 100 yard group with the stuff, I realized it'll shoot as well or better than I can!

Comment

They have some black.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        Never used the 6.5, but I shoot Wolf steel .223 all the time. It's good, cheap ammo. Steel case won't hurt a thing. If you are just using it to plink and dump into hogs I would buy with confidence. Bullet probably won't perform great on hogs, but i'm betting shot placement will get the job done.
                        x2! I've shot quite a bit of their .223 and had no issues. Killed probably half a dozen pigs with it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                          Ammo like this is one of the reasons you use a 6.5 Grendel - how many calibers out there can you get $5-$6/box ammo? Especially calibers for the AR-15....

As a FMJ round, it wouldn't be my go to for hunting, but for anything else - yes.

After I got a 1", 100 yard group with the stuff, I realized it'll shoot as well or better than I can!
                          I still have a few boxes on Hornady black. I'm just running low and cant get any replacement's

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                            Is it still in stock?? you have to be a member now so it will not show me

Comment

Working...
                            X