Texas Cold Front Forecast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Cold Front Forecast

I’m scheduled to be off work and hunting for a a few weeks beginning this Friday. For you weather guys, do y’all see any big fronts for next week or the week of Thanksgiving?

I don’t know where y’all get your information, but y’all were much more accurate than the local guys on the front before Halloween and predicted it a couple of weeks in advance.

Please give me some good news. I’m tired of sweating and feeding mosquitoes.

Looks pretty bleak. Warm and warmer foreseeable future...sucks

Comment

Check our guy Don Day and his long term models and forecast. He touches on the South too.

Wyoming and region forecast conversation. Released weekdays at after 5:00 AM Mountain Time.

Comment

Models indicate a decent front coming down monday of thanksgiving week with possible winter mix on back side. Cool temps won't be sticking around long though. La nina forecast looks like it is starting to come to fruition. Also of note the possibility of tropical storm approaching the texas coast during the same time period

Comment

Yeah Im trying to plan my last 4 days of PTO around the weather. In to see opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
            Check our guy Don Day and his long term models and forecast. He touches on the South too.

https://dayweatherpodcast.com/
            Thanks for the link. I’ll be sure to save it for later.

He gives easy to understand info with lots of pics / graphics. Being a bonafide technological idiot, I will be checking back on his forecasts in the future.

Just not the forecast I was hoping to hear - above average temps, below average precipitation and windy.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
              Models indicate a decent front coming down monday of thanksgiving week with possible winter mix on back side. Cool temps won't be sticking around long though. La nina forecast looks like it is starting to come to fruition. Also of note the possibility of tropical storm approaching the texas coast during the same time period
              Where do you find these “models”? Are they from them the National Weather Service?

Comment

New moon this weekend, the weather is never consistent in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Ya i would look at moon ohase first and then hope the weather pans out

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    The moon phase was considered when scheduling my vacation back in September. I will be hunting regardless of weather. But there’s a bumper crop of skeeters where I’m hunting and am just hoping for some cooler weather where I don’t have to deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeaster View Post
                      The moon phase was considered when scheduling my vacation back in September. I will be hunting regardless of weather. But there’s a bumper crop of skeeters where I’m hunting and am just hoping for some cooler weather where I don’t have to deal with them.
                      Gotcha, they do make things a bit miserable at times.

Comment

We at the lease till Sunday and its hot. The deer are still moving though. Had a 8 chasin a doe all over the pipeline this morning

Comment

Warmest November that I can remember, might not rain for another couple months, haven’t had rain since early September when tropical storm came through. This winter is going to suck!

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Warmest November that I can remember, might not rain for another couple months, haven’t had rain since early September when tropical storm came through. This winter is going to suck!
                            Yeah not good! many tanks will run dry

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeaster View Post
                              Where do you find these “models”? Are they from them the National Weather Service?
                              tropical tidbits forecast models

Comment

Working...
                              X