Teacup Yorkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teacup Yorkie

So my wife and daughter are pushing for a little teacup Yorkie. I'm looking for a breeder and would like to know pros and cons on the breed.

Best

Just know that toy dogs can have issues and cost a ton of $$$$$ should you get one with health problems. Just keep in mind.

I have family that has spent thousands on a couple different toy / small breeds.

Comment

I bought my wife one 11 years ago and we have had 0 issues with him. He's not good for anything but laying around but he keeps my wife happy and he doesn't shed. He's probably been to the vet three times since she had him and that was just for shots.

Comment

We rescued one 3-4 months ago. She's a pain in the ***! No real issues with her other than she was supposed to be house trained and is clearly not. Other than that like deerplanter stated, she's not good for anything other than laying around but she keeps the wife and daughter happy. I have my catahoula to keep me happy.

Comment

I don’t have experience with the toy size but the Yorkie breed are some good mouser dogs. Let it outside & it will put a hurt on golphers, moles, baby rabbit. Great little dogs for a family though

Comment

agreed with everyone else. I don't have them, but my in-laws have had several. Only one was not a total pain in the *****, but all were basically worthless. They're cute and good company I reckon, but they bark all the time and pee'd on everything/basically not ever house trained. Not sure if that was the dogs not being smart enough to learn or the owners not training them, but every one i've ever been around ****** in the house.
            I don't have much use for animals that don't perform tasks or contribute to a hobby/job.

Comment

We have a female that is just over a year old. She doesn’t bark much at all. I’ve never been a Kickme fan but she is awesome. She has that terrier personality which means she isn’t afraid of anything. She is a lot of fun to have around. Lightning fast too haha

Comment

My two cents....my wife has had two of them. I thought I would hate the dang things but I really got to like them. You have to be super diligent to keep an eye on them. Both of hers got killed by larger dogs and it only takes about 2 seconds. They are so little that some big dogs see them as prey and it's over.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I think the Yorkies are the hardest dogs to house train. Other than that, ours is alot of fun.

Comment

Yep. My male would **** everywhere. He would even get on the table and **** on the napkins. He loved getting into the trash almost as much as he liked to bark. I’ll divorce my wife before another one comes into our house. Pure hell is my experience.

Couldn’t help but love the little craphead though.

Comment

Working...
                      X