Rut, Half Rack, Dang!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut, Half Rack, Dang!

My son sent me this pic from morning hunt near Robert Lee.

Landon said he and his wife saw 4 bucks, ALL swelled up and chasing Does this morning. Buck picture is also on one of the game cams and has 5 points on the side remaining. Other broken side is near the base on the game camera and he is swelled up! Got to let this Big Boy pass until next year and see what he looks like then!

Don't know if this is a "trickle rut" or has just started as we have seen no sign of rut activity to date with Bucks already killed?

I could not go this weekend but I'll be there soon and maybe, maybe?
    Attached Files

I’ve been Doing work on sone ranches in Deep South Texas and the bucks are interested in the doe. Had sone monsters follow some doe out right in front of us on our ranger. I don’t think it’s full blown yet but it’s starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran into a buck like that in Missouri hunting this year. He was at 40 yards and I was getting ready cause he was a toad. Then he lifted his head up and his right side was broke at about 3"

Comment

Saw two different bucks this week with one side broken off and another mature buck with both beams broke off about the eye guards.
        We lost two nice deer at thanksgiving after they locked up while fighting
        Last edited by Big pig; 12-08-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

TWPD’s Rut chart has been spot on in my experience.

West Ed’s plateau JUST NOW getting going. Good luck mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X